Physicians, I would like to help.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CRNA ANSWERS

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Hello Physicians!

I would like to be avaliable to answer any questions you may have about CRNAs from liability to scope to independent practice or nearly anything else.

I am not interested in getting into politics or a political discussion about anestheisa politics. Also, in order to avoid negativity I will not reply to attacks. I would like to have collegial discussions.

It would probably be preferable to the admins that this did not spill outside of this one thread so feel free to ask here or message me. I do not plan to read other threads or weigh in on them in this forum at this time.

I am not online everyday but will answer as soon as possible.

Members don't see this ad.

I think we have discussed this topic many times over the years. I have seen CRNA independent practices in non opt states as well as opt out states. I'm familiar with all their practice models and scope of practice (based on hospital by-laws).

I've seen CRNA run groups which bill for their services. I've seen CRNA run surgicenters. A CRNA owns an AMC and billing company (Life-Link). As far as liability CRNAs enjoy a much lower cost of malpractice vs Anesthesiologists even if practicing independently.

I think the only point of debate is surgeon liability where the AANA and you will contend the surgeon does not have increased liability vs the ASA and myself where I would state the opposite is true (some small increase in liability due to poor preop/intraop medical management).

No need to gent into politics as the Residents/Med Students can read between the lines: CRNAs want to practice Independently like a Physician without the same level of education or formal training.

The field of Anesthesia is definitely changing and understanding the competition is ready to steal your job is an important lesson to learn.

One last thing many "Independent" CRNAs earn an income of around $250K or so depending on the practice model.

(CRNAs in Montana earn the highest average salary of CRNAs in the U.S. at $243,550).

Reactions: 4 users
sw291151.png

Members don't see this ad :)
I will bite.
Are there militant CRNA who you think are out of line? How do I deal with that, as a trainee? As an attending?

What kind of practice settings have you been involved in? PP employee? Hospital employee? AMC?

Have you been any groups that CRNA are not clock puncher but actually expect to finish their own cases?

How do you feel about CRNA training length? Is it 2500 hr or 8000 hr?

Are there cases that should not be done by CRNA or if adequate training, they should be able to do anything?

Why do CRNA enjoy so much lower liability than me?

I have so many more questions that I want to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.