Physics and oChem Summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentase

Powered by tooth knockn
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
So I am taking OCHEM from may 5th--- june 31st, then physics from july 15th--- june 31st.
I have physics MTWTh from 9:00-12:30pm, then I have oChem MW 2:30-3:40, and on Tuesday 1:50-2:45 So I was thinking I can do my physics studying after 12:30 until 2:30, then just study for oChem after the class ends till the night. And do this everyday lol. What do you guys think, I might work on saturdays as well.
How many hours do you spend on physics and/or oChem typically?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah bro, Ochem and physics are 2 courses that just take alot of time getting use too. Ochem is literally like learning a whole new language. And physics is all about repetition.

July 15th through June 31st... you mean June 15th through July 31st?

Organic 2 is a medium-heavy workload regardless of who you are. It's true that it's like studying a language. Physics will depend entirely on the way your brain works---I have an obsessive, over-conceptuallized, and sometimes boring personality, so physics makes sense to me. I skim the material a few minutes before class. The last test was a 61% average across about 110 students, and I got a 97%. Your mileage may vary. I've seen more students drop physics than any other course I've taken so far.

In any case, I'm taking organic 2, physics 1, biochem, biology 2, and a teaching internship this semester. I'm signing up for microbiology, physiology, physics 2, and calculus this summer. 4.0 GPAs. Volunteering and shadowing throughout. DAT in mid summer. Compared to a dental school workload, it's not ridiculous. You'll adapt, if the timeline is important to you. For me, this schedule means I'll have finished all the dental prerequisites and a second bachelor's degree in 15 months start to finish.... so after this summer I can get to my gap year, meaning a normal working life and establishing residency in a state I'm partial to attending dental school and living permanently.

Do you have an enduring motivation for this expedition?

July 15th through June 31st... you mean June 15th through July 31st?

Organic 2 is a medium-heavy workload regardless of who you are. It's true that it's like studying a language. Physics will depend entirely on the way your brain works---I have an obsessive, over-conceptuallized, and sometimes boring personality, so physics makes sense to me. I skim the material a few minutes before class. The last test was a 61% average across about 110 students, and I got a 97%. Your mileage may vary. I've seen more students drop physics than any other course I've taken so far.

In any case, I'm taking organic 2, physics 1, biochem, biology 2, and a teaching internship this semester. I'm signing up for microbiology, physiology, physics 2, and calculus this summer. 4.0 GPAs. Volunteering and shadowing throughout. DAT in mid summer. Compared to a dental school workload, it's not ridiculous. You'll adapt, if the timeline is important to you. For me, this schedule means I'll have finished all the dental prerequisites and a second bachelor's degree in 15 months start to finish.... so after this summer I can get to my gap year, meaning a normal working life and establishing residency in a state I'm partial to attending dental school and living permanently.

Do you have an enduring motivation for this expedition?

Damn. I'd die if I had that semester, but that's just me haha

Not to take a gap year is the only reason. I might just take biology 2 rather than physics.

I'd prefer physics over bio. With so little time over the summer, I'd prefer application over memorization classes. Unless you suck physics. Or maybe you're just really efficient at memorizing.

I'd prefer physics over bio. With so little time over the summer, I'd prefer application over memorization classes. Unless you suck physics. Or maybe you're just really efficient at memorizing.
What is bio 2 over? Plants and specices because I only remember photosynthesis,DNA, Cell Resp from Bio 1 and basically cell functions. I saw animal and species question on Bio Dat question of the day, I am assuming thats what Bio 2 covers.