Physics AP Credit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Djax99

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello so I go to a quarter system school where the physics sequence is three classes (101/102/103). I have AP credit to get out of the first physics class (101). Should I utilize my AP credit?
I know medical schools are difficult with accepting AP credit so I was looking for advice on what to do.
Furthermore, I am able to take the algebra based sequence or calculus based sequence. Does it matter which sequence I take or is it required that I take the calculus based sequence?

Members don't see this ad.

You can take either sequence as both will adequately prepare you for the MCAT. Personally I liked the calculus based version of physics. As for AP credit, you should look up the admissions websites of some medical schools to see how they evaluate AP credit.

Your AP credit should be fine. I transferred several AP courses and had no problems when I applied. I think the bias against AP credits by medical schools is largely overblown.