physics, chemistry, biology, organic chemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharm1234

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I find physics and biology more interesting and easier than the other two? How about you guys? Does it say anything about your future in medical school or as a doctor?

Members don't see this ad.

I like orgo and g chem, but as a Chem major, I'm a bit biased.

Keep in mind that there are MANY doctors out there that hated every last one of these subjects, but they knew what they had to do to get to where they are and do what they (hopefully) love to do. I don't think whether you hate or love these subjects or find them extremely easy or hard has much to do with how good of a doctor you'll be. It's just how determined you are to make it. There are things you'll love, and things you'll hate, and some of those things won't have to do with science at all. Then again, if you're mostly based in research, it may have some bearing. I was thinking more along the clinical side of medicine, though.

pharm1234 said:
I find physics and biology more interesting and easier than the other two? How about you guys? Does it say anything about your future in medical school or as a doctor?

I hope not, or almost a decade of chemistry education has been seriously wasted. ;) :p

In all seriousness, no, I don't think so. Are you going to enjoy biochemistry as much as you enjoy anatomy? Probably not. But as long as you work hard and learn enough biochem to make it through, you'll be a doctor.

organic chem is awesome!! i wish my entire mcat bs section was orgo.. ahh tghat would be awesome!