Physics Course with a C? - please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rsflores

Reaction score
Hello all. This is my first post on this website and I finally need some real help.

My stats for my main prerequisites are:

A&P I - B
A&P II - A
CHE I - B
CHE II - A-
PHY I - C
PHY II - A
GEN BIO - N/A
STATS - A-
ALL PSYCH COURSES - A-

I was wondering if having a C in my first Physics course will hurt me in anyway? HAs anyone seen success when applying to schools with the C? I am definitely thinking of retaking but I don't want my retake to hinder my PTCAS GPA.

Now this semester I am supposed to be taking 1 science course. I can either retake my Physics class or get my GENERAL Bio over with to finish up all my main prerequisites for the schools. I am planning on applying to PT schools in Summer 2019. This means that I can retake Physics for a better grade which will show on my application OR I can take BIO and it will show that I have all my prerequisites finished (and I would just have to include a section that says I will be retaking Physics the following semester since my grade in the class is low).

What do you think would be better for the PT application? What would you do?

Let me know what you think... Thank you to all who answer!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I had like 2 C's I was fine. Its hard to answer these questions because a C impacts everyones application differently. If someone has a C but has 3000 hours as a PT aide it will hurt them less than someone with a C and 80 hours of observation.

I would go ahead and take bio to finish your perquisites off. Worry about the C in physics later, because odds are the retake won't make a difference in their decision anyway (at this point).

I have a C in both physics and one in chemistry, (my physics were calculus based but I doubt that mattered), I am 1 for 1 on acceptances so far, I'm retaking one physics course this fall though just to make my overall application better for other schools. I wouldn't worry too much about C's if the rest of you application looks good.