Physics= Impossible for me !

OD2b84

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so I really am terrible in physics and I know many people have posted different things about the physics section, but I was just wondering if the practice opted version is similar in question style. I figured if I can learn how to do the types of questions on the opted test ... maybe I wont totally bomb that section..... does anyone have an opinion on the kinds of questions asked on opted vs real OAT?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I thought that they were really similar. I actually scored 30 points better on the real test then the opted one. DEFINITELY know kinematics and energy/momentum. Next, some electricity and magnetism questions came up. Finally, there were a few optics questions (which I didn't learn how to do until 2 days before), and as long as you can figure out those on the opted I'm sure you'll be fine!!! Good luck

Hey, I remember that 3/4 of my OAT were physics I..simple kinematics, momentum, energy..etc. Oh yeah, I didn't study angular motion at all so I just guessed all those..but I still got a 380. Make sure you study that...the last quarter were physics 2--electricity, magnetism, dc circuits and optics..and like 1 q on modern physics. Oh yeah, don't panic..my kaplan,topscore,achiever scores ranged from 260-310,lol. I did make a 330-340 on the opted test though. Here is another resource I used: http://www.sparknotes.com/testprep/books/sat2/physics/
it's free

thanks guys : ) I really am nervous that I won't pull at least a 300 in that section.... I'm gonna try and focus on some of the stuff posted here and opted and hope for a miracle.....ahhh freaked out

Members don't see this ad :)
I wrote my OAT this morning and I got a 360 on physics. I thought I was going to do terrible, but it finally clicked this week!!

I also used the sparknotes mentioned in the post above! It was very thorough. I also used the MCAT physics section for clarification (and simplification) if I was confused.

The only formulas I really ended up needing for the test was Force, 2 of the kinematic equations (over and over), momentum, the spring one (f=kx), and I was good to go! I got a couple questions on Magnetism/Currents, but i didn't bother to learn that section b/c I have not taken the third term of physics at school. That is probably were I lost some marks! Also, ONE optics question, and nothing involving concave/convex..it asked me where the object was on a PLANE mirror!

IF YOU LEARN HOW TO DO THE FORCE STUFF VERY VERY GOOD, you will ACE it!!!!!!

No worries :D

No and no. All you can have is either pencil and paper or a marker board, depending on where you take the exam.