Physics-Kaplan Topical Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jules0328

DOSchoolWannaBe
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been studying physics now for three days and taking the kaplan topical exams. I am finding them super harder and getting a lot of questions wrong. Has anyone else found the Kaplan topicals impossible?

I am going to be taking a full length exam tomorrow at my kaplan center. I have heard that kaplan testing is a lot harder than the AAMCAS MCAT.

Can anyone suggest any other Physics materials that will help me understand physics concepts. I understaand the equations and have memorized them, but when it comes to theory, I get boggled down and cant seem to even understand the question stem.

Also, the math. Multiplying decimals. Is there anywhere I can go for math tricks when it comes to decimals and exponents. I seem to get the answer but then my exponents get all screwed up and pick the wrong answer.

Members don't see this ad.

jules0328 said:
1.Can anyone suggest any other Physics materials that will help me understand physics concepts. I understaand the equations and have memorized them, but when it comes to theory, I get boggled down and cant seem to even understand the question stem.

2.Also, the math. Multiplying decimals. Is there anywhere I can go for math tricks when it comes to decimals and exponents. I seem to get the answer but then my exponents get all screwed up and pick the wrong answer.

1. Same here
2. Scientific notation is the key. Learn how to convert units in your head, and always put numbers into scietific notation.(like change 15 into 1.5x10^1). Trust me, it will save you a lot of time. Depending on the answer choices, you can round most numbers because the choices differ by a factor of ten or more. So you just have to get the exponent correct and a ballpark of the main number.