Physics Prereqs.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DaRkKiNgHt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am a Canadian student and I have taken a 4.00 credit introduction to physics course with lab at York University. I understand you need 8 semester hours, but do you know if Biomechanics 3.00 credit course with Lab can be combined to satisfy the physics requirement for admissions?

Thanks in advance !

Members don't see this ad.

The general consensus is that 8 hours of physics consists of a sequence of classes. I.e, Physics I and Physics II or some variation thereof. Some schools are a lot less picky on this, but if I understand correctly, you still only have 7 hours of physics (assuming this class counts as a physics class).

Also, when preparing for the MCAT, a physics II class would come in handy, as some concepts within the realm of electromagnetism could be tested. To ensure you have the fewest problems with prereqs, it would be a good idea to look into a physics II class. Intro to physics may be enough to count as physics I, but I can't say if those two classes would fulfill the requirements at schools. You could always call and ask the schools, however! Good luck!