Physics!!!!

Riverdance

5+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2010
  1. Pre-Medical
    Hi,
    Is physics really that important for med school? I hear a lot of people with problems in ochem, but never in physics. I got a C in calculus-based physics but then took algebra-based physics and got an A-. I just took a lower physics second time because I wanted to have a good foundation. I never took it in high school. Anyway, if everything else is good, does that C ruin my chances for a school like Boston University? I'm so worried. I have anxiety all the time.:(

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
    Verified Expert
    15+ Year Member
    Sep 4, 2006
    The Other Side of the Portal
    1. Attending Physician
      Since Calculus isn't required to do well on the Physics portion of the MCAT, and the second Physics grade redeemed the first, you won't be handicapped in the application process. Specifically for BU: Calculus isn't on their list of requirements, so I see no reason they won't take you if the rest of your application matches what they're looking for.

Riverdance

5+ Year Member
      Jan 16, 2010
      1. Pre-Medical
        Since Calculus isn't required to do well on the Physics portion of the MCAT, and the second Physics grade redeemed the first, you won't be handicapped in the application process. Specifically for BU: Calculus isn't on their list of requirements, so I see no reason they won't take you if the rest of your application matches what they're looking for.

Thank you Catalystik for taking the time to answer me. That makes me feel a lot better.

About the Ads

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
        Verified Expert
        15+ Year Member
        Sep 4, 2006
        The Other Side of the Portal
        1. Attending Physician
          Your credits are listed year by year on the summary page with GPA. Your transcript lists courses by year and semester. They probably aren't going to microanalyze your courseload vs your degree of involvement in activities unless there's a concern for some reason. Examples might be: Taking longer or less time than usual to graduate. A year of poor grades. A lot of Ws. Working full-time during the school year.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.