Physio question

Started by wise146
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wise146

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I keep seeing this question show up on exams and I am not certain:

Which of the following characterizes the generator potential of a receptor?

A All or none response
B Graded according to the strength of the stimulus


Please help!
 
Generator potential refers to the all or none response (A). In essence, it is the change in voltage required to "generate" an action potential. Yeah I know you're not supposed to use the word in the definition but oh well 🙂

B is also somewhat true but not as good of an answer. The potential is never graded according to stimulus strength HOWEVER the frequency of action potentials can be graded according to this. Hope this helps! Gotta love those neuroscience majors 😉



wise146 said:
I keep seeing this question show up on exams and I am not certain:

Which of the following characterizes the generator potential of a receptor?

A All or none response
B Graded according to the strength of the stimulus


Please help!