PI LETTER, I don't want to ask

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

urzelight

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
No, you don't have to have a letter from each PI. 2 is more than enough. If anyone asks, just tell them exactly what you stated here. Everyone in the medical field has experienced this.

Reactions: 1 user
No, you don't have to have a letter from each PI. 2 is more than enough. If anyone asks, just tell them exactly what you stated here. Everyone in the medical field has experienced this.
Perfect, thank you :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Note that some schools, like Duke, want 4 letters.

I know you know the distinction, but the OP may not. Duke, like many schools, requires 4 letters. 2 of those letters are required to be from science faculty. The other 2 are "misc" letters, meaning there is no requirement on who writes them. Managers, PIs, and non-science faculty are all acceptable.

To bear clear: Duke does not require 4 letters from PIs. It requires 4 letters total.

Reactions: 1 users
Unless you are talking about MD/PhD admission(and I don't even think this is a problem there) its not an issue. Harvard is the only school I know of that explicitly states we want letters from all PI's and even they as ADCOMs have said don't make that rule so its absolute(situations exactly like this are where its not absolute).

Reactions: 1 user