Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
Well I have two choices right now, and I am really torn between the two. I have been accepted to my state school (UIC-Chicago Campus) and to Vanderbilt. I was equally happy at both schools during my interview day, and have weighed the ups and downs of each (Location, Price, Prestige, etc.), and I still can't come to a decision. 😕
My question for you guys regards this. I am not sure that I am interested in academic medicine, however, I do know that I want flexibility in choosing a specialty once I finish medical school. I realize that grades and USMLEs are important factors in gaining a competitive residency, but would it be much easier to obtain a residency like oncology/dermatology if I go to Vanderbilt instead of UIC, or if I do well at UIC would I still be able to gain those residencies? Please let me know, I would like to think that I would do well at both schools. Thanks. 🙂
Well I have two choices right now, and I am really torn between the two. I have been accepted to my state school (UIC-Chicago Campus) and to Vanderbilt. I was equally happy at both schools during my interview day, and have weighed the ups and downs of each (Location, Price, Prestige, etc.), and I still can't come to a decision. 😕
My question for you guys regards this. I am not sure that I am interested in academic medicine, however, I do know that I want flexibility in choosing a specialty once I finish medical school. I realize that grades and USMLEs are important factors in gaining a competitive residency, but would it be much easier to obtain a residency like oncology/dermatology if I go to Vanderbilt instead of UIC, or if I do well at UIC would I still be able to gain those residencies? Please let me know, I would like to think that I would do well at both schools. Thanks. 🙂