Picking my majors!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ramy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
(btw im Canadian)
As an aspiring dental student im about to enter my first year in undergraduate studies. Im in first year life sciences and very soon I need to decide on TWO majors to fulfill my degree requirements.

I was thinking majoring in biology and chemistry. But doing that would hurt me due to the volume of work, labs, and stress it would put trying those two.

What major have any of you predents went into? and what do dental schools prefer...if they even have a preference?

So far i've read the prerequisites are what you need so
1 year bio, 1 year organic chem, 1 year inorganic chem, 1 year physics, 1 year english, 1 year psychology, 1 year physiology/anatomy, 1 year calculus---- not every school requires the same things and SDN is mainly american so I have no real background on canadian dental schools haha.

ANY HELP :)

Members don't see this ad.

not every school requires the same things and SDN is mainly american so I have no real background on canadian dental schools haha.

Than go to all the Canadian dental schools' websites and look it up.

If I understand correctly, you want to double major in biology and chemistry. If you feel, the amount of courses will be overwhelming for you then chose only one major. However, you can look into majoring in biology and biochemistry or biology and botany. These combinations of majors have plenty of overlapping courses, your undergraduate institution may be different so once again look up the information on your school's website and check for yourself