Pics and X-rays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RunwayModel

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering for the boards (Step 1), how do you study pics and X-rays/CT/MRI? Do you just memorize them from Robbins, if that is even posssible? I seem to be doing fine when it comes to doing questions on Qbank except when they have an X-ray with a bunch of arrows on it or where the question is dependent on the pics? Does anyone feel that Qbank seems too easy?? It seems like the Qbank is more geared towards the Kaplan lecture notes, where I can find the answer, than sources such as BRS Phys/Path, etc and very regurgitative type questions. I don't see any two step questions or integration as the Kaplan instructors seem to emphasize so much. It makes sense for positive reinforcement, but when i think about it, not really indicative of the test, right? I go to an American med school, but unfortunately, our teachers really don't use that many X-rays or pics, just afraid I guess the whole class will get them wrong. Anyways, sorry for the way too long post. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

don't worry about it. I had plenty of pictures/xrays/etc but knew the answer to 90% of these questions without even looking at the picture/xray.

I agree-

Ignore the picture, read the question, think about what you want the answer to be, then check out your options. Then use the picture as a confirmation.

I would look back at Robbins, or spinal cord sections as break from studying every once and a while and it worked for me.

B