Picture on 2ndaries.. How far does a pretty/handsome face go??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
onmywayRN said:
That's good to know. I am a freak about working out. Although lately with the MCAT and classes I have let myself go a bit. I am up to 210lbs. I like to stay around 200lbs if possible with a 32 waist. I would love to be able to to cardio and weights during med school.
You'll have time if you make it a priority. Some people go out drinking a lot, some work out every day, some procrastinate like crazy. You probably won't have time to do all of those things all the time, but if you decide what is important to you, you should be able to work it in. Besides, exercise is a great study break. It helps relieve stress and clear your mind.

Members don't see this ad.

KateGia said:
If you're planning on going to any DO school, you may as well suck it up now, because it's gonna happen.

I'm sorry about that Kate. KCUMB is without doubt a great school.

I guess it's one of those things that come with me being physically unattractive person. I wish it was not the case, but thats the way I am and I can't help it. Honestly, if I had my way, I would choose to not be this way.

Being unattractive was a crime at my school. Cried a little bit about it, but I tried not to dwell on it too much. Naturally, I sort of stayed away from the gym and things like that at my school; people made comments about me enough ~ and so I try to not to make myself too visible.

The interview is all about selling yourself correct? It seems that it is easier to sell yourself if you happen to be more attractive (I would rather buy a mint condition corvette than a mint condition buick LeSabre, this is assuming they would cost you the same amount of money). If two applicants have very close to the same stats, and have about the same interview skills, the subjectivity of the interview would unfortunately lean toward the more attractive person. I am not saying that this is right by any means, but unfortunately it is human nature.

To comment how "hot" all of the people in medical school seem to be. I think that this attractiveness correlates for the most part with our type A personalities. I would venture to say that most of the people in medical school, and the ones that are applying are perfectionists. We all want A's in genetics, we don't like it when people are late, we hate wrinkled clothes, and we all strive to be the best we can be (intellectually, spritually, physically, etc.).

By the way CuttinEmUp is that really you in your Avatar picture, because dude you are jacked?!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
dtrain5 said:
By the way CuttinEmUp is that really you in your Avatar picture, because dude you are jacked?!!!!!

Yes thats really me in my avatar..... "Jacked"??

CuttinEmUp said:
Yes thats really me in my avatar..... "Jacked"??
Come on now, like you have never heard that before. It means that you are incredibly skinny. You are obviously malnutritioned, and if someone does not intervene you will be dead within a week. :D
I believe the Webster's dictionary definition is: A slang term for one who has experienced an abnormal amount skeletal muscle hypertrophy. This growth is more evident in the highly glycolytic Type II-b fibers, but can also be seen in the intermediate Type II-a fibers, as well as, the highly oxidative Type I fibers.

Sorry, I am a complete Smart A$$!!!!!

dtrain5 said:
Come on now, like you have never heard that before. It means that you are incredibly skinny. You are obviously malnutritioned, and if someone does not intervene you will be dead within a week. :D
I believe the Webster's dictionary definition is: A slang term for one who has experienced an abnormal amount skeletal muscle hypertrophy. This growth is more evident in the highly glycolytic Type II-b fibers, but can also be seen in the intermediate Type II-a fibers, as well as, the highly oxidative Type I fibers.

Sorry, I am a complete Smart A$$!!!!!

well i learned something new. I didnt know that "jacked" meant that. where im from if someone is "jacked" it usually means they are butt ugly or something along those lines, thats why I was like ????