PICU Fellowship Interview Thread (2022-2023)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Offers
1. Oklahoma (7/21), (8/3)
2. Baylor/TCH (7/25)
3. U of Maryland (7/26)
4. Riley Childrens/Indiana (7/27)
5. UAMS (7/28)
6. Cincinnati (7/28)
7. U of Buffalo (7/28), (8/4)
8. U of Louisville (7/28)
9. U of Illinois, Peoria (7/28)
10. UCLA Mattel Childrens (7/29)
11. Medical College of Georgia (7/31)
12. SLU (8/1)
13. Washington U St. Louis (8/1)
14. UAB (8/1)
16. UT San Antonio (8/1)
17. Penn State (8/2)
18. UT Austin (8/2)
19. Children's National (8/2, 8/4)
20. Stanford (8/2)
21. Spectrum Health MSU (8/3)
22. Emory (8/3)
23. Nationwide (8/4)
24. Nebraska (8/4)
25. Tennessee (8/4)
26. DuPont (8/4)
27. Case Western/Rainbow Babies (8/5)
28. Nicklaus Children's Hospital (8/5)

Waitlists
1. Cornell (8/4)
2. Indiana (8/4)

Rejections
1. Johns Hopkins All Children's
2. Baylor/TCH
3. Indiana (8/4)
4. UAB (8/4)

Members don't see this ad.

Offers
2. Baylor/TCH (7/25)
3. U of Maryland (7/26)
5. UAMS (7/28)
6. Cincinnati (7/28)
12. SLU (8/1)
14. UAB (8/1)
16. UT San Antonio (8/1)
17. Penn State (8/2)
18. UT Austin (8/2)
19. Children's National (8/2, 8/4, 8/7)
20. Stanford (8/2)
22. Emory (8/3)
23. Nationwide (8/4)
24. Nebraska (8/4)
25. Tennessee (8/4)
26. DuPont (8/4)
29. Children’s Mercy (8/7)

Waitlists
1. Cornell (8/4)
2. Indiana (8/4)

Rejections
2. Baylor/TCH
3. Indiana (8/4)
4. UAB (8/4)

Offers
2. Baylor/TCH (7/25)
3. U of Maryland (7/26)
5. UAMS (7/28)
6. Cincinnati (7/28)
12. SLU (8/1)
14. UAB (8/1)
16. UT San Antonio (8/1)
17. Penn State (8/2)
18. UT Austin (8/2)
20. Stanford (8/2)
22. Emory (8/3)
23. Nationwide (8/4)
24. Nebraska (8/4)
25. Tennessee (8/4)
26. DuPont (8/4)
30. Medical College of Wisconsin (8/8)
31. University of Iowa (8/8)
32. University of Chicago (8/8)

Waitlists
1. Cornell (8/4)
2. Indiana (8/4)

Rejections
2. Baylor/TCH
3. Indiana (8/4)
4. UAB (8/4)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm are we thinking last week was the peak of invites?/invites are slowing down?

Is anyone else still waiting on a bunch that hasn’t been listed yet? 😕

Hmm are we thinking last week was the peak of invites?/invites are slowing down?

Is anyone else still waiting on a bunch that hasn’t been listed yet? 😕
Honestly looking back at last year it seems like there were a lot that went out mid august so I think we may have a couple more weeks before it really trails off?

Reactions: 2 users
Offers
2. Baylor/TCH (7/25)
3. U of Maryland (7/26)
5. UAMS (7/28)
6. Cincinnati (7/28)
12. SLU (8/1)
14. UAB (8/1)
16. UT San Antonio (8/1)
17. Penn State (8/2)
18. UT Austin (8/2)
20. Stanford (8/2)
22. Emory (8/3)
23. Nationwide (8/4)
24. Nebraska (8/4)
25. Tennessee (8/4)
26. DuPont (8/4)
33. University of Virginia (8/8)

Waitlists
1. Cornell (8/4)
2. Indiana (8/4)

Rejections
2. Baylor/TCH
3. Indiana (8/4)
4. UAB (8/4)

Offers
2. Baylor/TCH (7/25)
3. U of Maryland (7/26)
5. UAMS (7/28)
6. Cincinnati (7/28)
12. SLU (8/1)
14. UAB (8/1)
16. UT San Antonio (8/1)
17. Penn State (8/2)
18. UT Austin (8/2)
20. Stanford (8/2)
22. Emory (8/3)
23. Nationwide (8/4)
24. Nebraska (8/4)
25. Tennessee (8/4)
26. DuPont (8/4)
33. Cleveland Clinic (8/9)

Waitlists
1. Cornell (8/4)
2. Indiana (8/4)

Rejections
2. Baylor/TCH
3. Indiana (8/4)
4. UAB (8/4)

For those with interviews at the above institutions, do you still see a couple of spots open (either on ERAS, interview broker, thalamus)? Trying to gauge how many programs will send a "second wave", or if that's just it once they're out.

Most of the ones I applied to are full but theoretically the could still add more dates

Reactions: 1 user
For those with interviews at the above institutions, do you still see a couple of spots open (either on ERAS, interview broker, thalamus)? Trying to gauge how many programs will send a "second wave", or if that's just it once they're out.

Seeing them on the ERAS scheduler anyway, most of them say waitlist. A few have dates. That being said, I tried to change dates at my home program based on seeing dates that appear available, and they said all slots were full. So who knows if ERAS is even accurate compared to what they see.

I don’t mean to be discouraging, just relaying what I’m seeing. It seems like we (SDN) know of roughly half of all PCCM programs here (~36-37) having released at least something.

Seeing them on the ERAS scheduler anyway, most of them say waitlist. A few have dates. That being said, I tried to change dates at my home program based on seeing dates that appear available, and they said all slots were full. So who knows if ERAS is even accurate compared to what they see.

I don’t mean to be discouraging, just relaying what I’m seeing. It seems like we (SDN) know of roughly half of all PCCM programs here (~36-37) having released at least something.
No I don’t think you’re being discouraging, I’d rather be realistic. Being that SDN is self-reported, I’m sure there’s more program who have sent out SOMEthing, but hopefully there’s still a handful who haven’t yet, and yet another group that will send out a few “trickle” invites. We’ll see! 🤷‍♂️

Most of the west coast programs haven’t sent anything yet

No I don’t think you’re being discouraging, I’d rather be realistic. Being that SDN is self-reported, I’m sure there’s more program who have sent out SOMEthing, but hopefully there’s still a handful who haven’t yet, and yet another group that will send out a few “trickle” invites. We’ll see! 🤷‍♂️
Based on last years' thread and interview dates, it seems like we still have another 1.5-2 weeks of programs sending out invites (fingers crossed).

Members don't see this ad :)
Based on last years' thread and interview dates, it seems like we still have another 1.5-2 weeks of programs sending out invites (fingers crossed).
Yes fingers crossed! It’s been much more quiet this week even though it’s just been 2 business days. Time moves differently during application season 😆

Anyone have an idea what # of interviews is good to have, taking into account that everything is virtual now and there may be more applications per spot?

Anyone have an idea what # of interviews is good to have, taking into account that everything is virtual now and there may be more applications per spot?
I was advised to interview at 5-8 to match but not sure that’s a hard and fast rule

Offers
2. Baylor/TCH (7/25)
3. U of Maryland (7/26)
5. UAMS (7/28)
6. Cincinnati (7/28)
12. SLU (8/1)
13. Washington U St. Louis (8/1, 8/10)
14. UAB (8/1)
16. UT San Antonio (8/1)
17. Penn State (8/2)
18. UT Austin (8/2)
20. Stanford (8/2)
22. Emory (8/3)
23. Nationwide (8/4)
24. Nebraska (8/4)
25. Tennessee (8/4)
26. DuPont (8/4)
33. Cleveland Clinic (8/9)

Waitlists
1. Cornell (8/4)
2. Indiana (8/4)

Rejections
2. Baylor/TCH
3. Indiana (8/4)
4. UAB (8/4)

Looks like they may be sending out second round invites for some of the above programs?!

I was advised to interview at 5-8 to match but not sure that’s a hard and fast rule
Around 6 to 8 used to be the number pre-pandemic when interviews weren't virtual, people had to make time in their schedules to travel and pay for said travel. Back then, if you applied to a place, you had to actually have a pretty decent interest in going there if you were going to spend the time and money to look at it.

With virtual interviews becoming the norm, I think this is number is inaccurately low nowadays. There is still remains and likely forever will remain a good number of "sightseeing" interviewees. These are applicants that aren't really interested in a program, but are just kinda checking it out. It's not to say there is anything wrong with that per se but when people do that, they invariably take a spot that can't be offered to someone more interested. And given that's is virtual, its much easier and less cost prohibitive than it used to be and therefore more common.

So while I used to say 6 or so, 10 or so is probably more realistic and its possible that that is an underestimate these days.

Around 6 to 8 used to be the number pre-pandemic when interviews weren't virtual, people had to make time in their schedules to travel and pay for said travel. Back then, if you applied to a place, you had to actually have a pretty decent interest in going there if you were going to spend the time and money to look at it.

With virtual interviews becoming the norm, I think this is number is inaccurately low nowadays. There is still remains and likely forever will remain a good number of "sightseeing" interviewees. These are applicants that aren't really interested in a program, but are just kinda checking it out. It's not to say there is anything wrong with that per se but when people do that, they invariably take a spot that can't be offered to someone more interested. And given that's is virtual, its much easier and less cost prohibitive than it used to be and therefore more common.

So while I used to say 6 or so, 10 or so is probably more realistic and its possible that that is an underestimate these days.

Data from last cycle shows that 8.9 was the average number of ranks of matched applicants. I would have to think the vast majority of people would be safe ranking 10 programs.

Data from last cycle shows that 8.9 was the average number of ranks of matched applicants. I would have to think the vast majority of people would be safe ranking 10 programs.
If you looked at last years thread, there was at least 1 person who matched at number 14 of 15 ranked. Of course, it certainly is possible that is an outlier. However, I will say, generally speaking, the number of applicants have increased annually for a fixed number of spots (though I can think of at least 2 new programs this year). And for better or worse, virtual interviews have fundamentally changed interview seasons and rank lists.

Sorry, but metrics are dumb. If a program has 2 spots and already knows they want to take 2 people from their home institution or 1 from their home institution and 1 from a recommendation of a colleague, the playing field immediately becomes unbalanced (or some might say, unfair).

It only takes 1 interview and 1 program to match.

Since I’m here, I feel compelled to say: be respectful of other applicants. If you have 15 interviews and don’t think you’re going to move to a certain city or are just interviewing to interview (or “sightsee” as was mentioned here), think about the people who want to train at “X” institution but weren’t given the opportunity because they didn’t do residency at a “top 5” children’s hospital but are still equally qualified.

Reactions: 6 users
Sorry, but metrics are dumb. If a program has 2 spots and already knows they want to take 2 people from their home institution or 1 from their home institution and 1 from a recommendation of a colleague, the playing field immediately becomes unbalanced (or some might say, unfair).

Since I’m here, I feel compelled to say: be respectful of other applicants. If you have 15 interviews and don’t think you’re going to move to a certain city or are just interviewing to interview (or “sightsee” as was mentioned here), think about the people who want to train at “X” institution but weren’t given the opportunity because they didn’t do residency at a “top 5” children’s hospital but are still equally qualified.

Thank you for saying this! I know we’re all online strangers and who even knows how accurate this self reported data is, or how it’ll all work out in the end, but I know I would be ecstatic even getting off a waitlist for a much desired program later on the cycle if others cancelled. I’m not from a big, research heavy, well-known “top” institution and I suspect other applicants are in the same boat, but would work hard to be a really great intensivist for many families and patients down the road.

I can't imagine people even having time to do 14-15 interviews. Like I'll be lucky if I can find 10-11 days I could use (not that I even think I'll get that many interviews at this point). But like how are y'alls programs giving y'all so much time for interviews?

This is also very true. Many programs (maybe all?) reserve spots for internal applicants to keep nice with Department from which they are housed. Our program has consistently done this... much to my dismay.

I’ve cleaned the list up a bit. Looks like ~44% of programs (34/77) have offered interviews - based on our self-reported results… almost halfway there!! 😬

Offers
1. Oklahoma (7/21, 8/3)
2. Mass Gen (7/22)
3. Baylor/TCH (7/25)
4. U of Maryland (7/26, 8/9)
5. Riley Childrens/Indiana (7/27)
6. UAMS (7/28)
7. Cincinnati (7/28)
8. U of Buffalo (7/28, 8/4)
9. U of Louisville (7/28)
10. U of Illinois, Peoria (7/28)
11. UCLA Mattel Childrens (7/29)
12. Medical College of Georgia (7/31)
13. SLU (8/1)
14. Washington U St. Louis (8/1, 8/10)
15. UAB (8/1)
16. UT San Antonio (8/1)
17. Penn State (8/2)
18. UT Austin (8/2)
20. Stanford (8/2)
22. Emory (8/3)
23. Nationwide (8/4)
24. Nebraska (8/4)
25. Tennessee (8/4)
26. DuPont (8/4)
33. University of Virginia (8/9)
34. Cleveland Clinic (8/9)

Waitlists
1. Cornell (8/4)
2. Indiana (8/4)

Rejections
2. Baylor/TCH
3. Indiana (8/4)
4. UAB (8/4)

Last edited:

This is also very true. Many programs (maybe all?) reserve spots for internal applicants to keep nice with Department from which they are housed. Our program has consistently done this... much to my dismay.
Super unfortunate. I’m a current PICU fellow. From what it looks like, we’re gonna fill a couple spots with current PICU hospitalists (at our institution or who graduated from the residency who went elsewhere for a year), a spot or two with internal applicants, and then maybe the last spot or two by pure prestige or by word of mouth from a colleague attending. I do feel for the applicants who genuinely want to train here but didn’t go to a top program, or the applicant doing their away working his/her butt off, but may not be offered an interview just due to it being futile.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
And then you think about those with just 1-2 spots and it’s like…🥲

I can't imagine people even having time to do 14-15 interviews. Like I'll be lucky if I can find 10-11 days I could use (not that I even think I'll get that many interviews at this point). But like how are y'alls programs giving y'all so much time for interviews?
I knew people with 20+ interviews (and went on them) from another peds subspeciality and I just don’t even know how they kept up their stamina for all of those.

Super unfortunate. I’m a current PICU fellow. From what it looks like, we’re gonna fill a couple spots with current PICU hospitalists (at our institution or who graduated from the residency who went away for a year), a spot or two with internal applicants, and then maybe the last spot or two by pure prestige or by word of mouth from a colleague attending. I do feel for the applicants who genuinely want to train here but didn’t go to a top program, or the applicant doing their away working his/her butt off, but may not be offered an interview just due to it being futile.
Yes, doing a PICU hospitalist year has become a more popular way to gain a leg up to get fellowship interviews, especially if you do at a program that is well connected or has a fellowship program.

Offers
1. Oklahoma (7/21, 8/3)
2. Mass Gen (7/22)
3. Baylor/TCH (7/25)
6. UAMS (7/28)
7. Cincinnati (7/28)
13. SLU (8/1)
15. UAB (8/1)
16. UT San Antonio (8/1)
17. Penn State (8/2)
18. UT Austin (8/2)
20. Stanford (8/2)
22. Emory (8/3)
23. Nationwide (8/4)
24. Nebraska (8/4)
25. Tennessee (8/4)
26. DuPont (8/4)
35. UT Southwestern (8/10)

Waitlists
1. Cornell (8/4)
2. Indiana (8/4)

Rejections
2. Baylor/TCH
3. Indiana (8/4)
4. UAB (8/4)

Super unfortunate. I’m a current PICU fellow. From what it looks like, we’re gonna fill a couple spots with current PICU hospitalists (at our institution or who graduated from the residency who went elsewhere for a year), a spot or two with internal applicants, and then maybe the last spot or two by pure prestige or by word of mouth from a colleague attending. I do feel for the applicants who genuinely want to train here but didn’t go to a top program, or the applicant doing their away working his/her butt off, but may not be offered an interview just due to it being futile.

How common is this country-wide? Because I believe there are rules governing what percentage of fellows must come from the NRMP match system. I know this because the PD at my home program told me. As in, only so many can be outside the match hires.

I was offered to be the PICU fellow (1 spot) at my home program, but kindly turned it down because it’s simply not the type of program I want. It’s a young program, low-mid tier PICU program, mid-tier university. Overshadowed by nearby state programs. It really lacks in clinical/translational research, the call system sucks, the fellows are overworked to the detriment of their own research and board studying, the fellows often are left handling things the PD should do (and told “you’re an adult, handle it”), and the PD takes no ownership of their job. I’ll still rank it, but I felt good enough about my application and letters to decline and go through the match.

But hearing that this practice is common, and likely counts for a sizable percentage of all positions filled is anxiety-inducing.

Last edited:
I don’t know that they’re saying they’re outside the match hires. I think they’re more saying that they will likely take their own people through the match. Same with PICU hospitalists. Everyone’s still doing the match, but those programs are just more likely to give preferential treatment to those people that are from their program or are PICU hospitalists

Reactions: 4 users
Offers
1. Oklahoma (7/21, 8/3)
2. Mass Gen (7/22)
3. Baylor/TCH (7/25)
6. UAMS (7/28)
7. Cincinnati (7/28)
13. SLU (8/1)
15. UAB (8/1)
16. UT San Antonio (8/1)
17. Penn State (8/2)
18. UT Austin (8/2)
20. Stanford (8/2)
22. Emory (8/3)
23. Nationwide (8/4)
24. Nebraska (8/4)
25. Tennessee (8/4)
26. DuPont (8/4)

Waitlists
1. Cornell (8/4)
2. Indiana (8/4)

Rejections
2. Baylor/TCH
3. Indiana (8/4)
4. UAB (8/4)
5. University of Rochester (8/11)

Offers
1. Oklahoma (7/21, 8/3)
2. Mass Gen (7/22)
3. Baylor/TCH (7/25)
6. UAMS (7/28)
7. Cincinnati (7/28)
13. SLU (8/1)
15. UAB (8/1)
16. UT San Antonio (8/1)
17. Penn State (8/2)
18. UT Austin (8/2)
20. Stanford (8/2)
22. Emory (8/3)
23. Nationwide (8/4)
24. Nebraska (8/4)
25. Tennessee (8/4)
26. DuPont (8/4)

Waitlists
1. Cornell (8/4)
2. Indiana (8/4)

Rejections
2. Baylor/TCH
3. Indiana (8/4)
4. UAB (8/4)
6. University of Chicago (8/11)

Offers
1. Oklahoma (7/21, 8/3)
2. Mass Gen (7/22)
3. Baylor/TCH (7/25)
6. UAMS (7/28)
7. Cincinnati (7/28)
13. SLU (8/1)
15. UAB (8/1)
16. UT San Antonio (8/1)
17. Penn State (8/2)
18. UT Austin (8/2)
20. Stanford (8/2)
22. Emory (8/3)
23. Nationwide (8/4)
24. Nebraska (8/4)
25. Tennessee (8/4)
26. DuPont (8/4)
36. Orlando Health (8/11)

Waitlists
1. Cornell (8/4)
2. Indiana (8/4)

Rejections
2. Baylor/TCH
3. Indiana (8/4)
4. UAB (8/4)

Offers
1. Oklahoma (7/21, 8/3)
2. Mass Gen (7/22)
3. Baylor/TCH (7/25)
6. UAMS (7/28)
7. Cincinnati (7/28)
13. SLU (8/1)
15. UAB (8/1)
16. UT San Antonio (8/1)
17. Penn State (8/2)
18. UT Austin (8/2)
20. Stanford (8/2)
22. Emory (8/3)
23. Nationwide (8/4)
24. Nebraska (8/4)
25. Tennessee (8/4)
26. DuPont (8/4)
37. NYU Grossman (8/11)

Waitlists
1. Cornell (8/4)
2. Indiana (8/4)

Rejections
2. Baylor/TCH
3. Indiana (8/4)
4. UAB (8/4)

Offers
1. Oklahoma (7/21, 8/3)
2. Mass Gen (7/22)
3. Baylor/TCH (7/25)
6. UAMS (7/28)
7. Cincinnati (7/28)
13. SLU (8/1)
15. UAB (8/1)
16. UT San Antonio (8/1)
17. Penn State (8/2)
18. UT Austin (8/2)
20. Stanford (8/2)
22. Emory (8/3)
23. Nationwide (8/4)
24. Nebraska (8/4)
25. Tennessee (8/4)
26. DuPont (8/4)
37. NYU Grossman (8/11)

Waitlists
1. Cornell (8/4)
2. Indiana (8/4)

Rejections
2. Baylor/TCH
3. Indiana (8/4)
4. UAB (8/4)
7. Washington U St. Louis (8/11)

I don’t know that they’re saying they’re outside the match hires. I think they’re more saying that they will likely take their own people through the match. Same with PICU hospitalists. Everyone’s still doing the match, but those programs are just more likely to give preferential treatment to those people that are from their program or are PICU hospitalists
Yes, it’s more like the program rank lists reserve spots for internal candidates and the computer matches them.

But if the program ranks an internal candidate #1 and the candidate ranks the program #1 as an unspoken word, the computer just flows the algorithm. But the reality is that spot was reserved.

Offers
1. Oklahoma (7/21, 8/3)
2. Mass Gen (7/22)
3. Baylor/TCH (7/25)
6. UAMS (7/28)
7. Cincinnati (7/28)
13. SLU (8/1)
15. UAB (8/1)
16. UT San Antonio (8/1)
17. Penn State (8/2)
18. UT Austin (8/2)
20. Stanford (8/2)
22. Emory (8/3)
23. Nationwide (8/4)
24. Nebraska (8/4)
25. Tennessee (8/4)
26. DuPont (8/4)
37. NYU Grossman (8/11)

Waitlists
1. Cornell (8/4)
2. Indiana (8/4)

Rejections
2. Baylor/TCH
3. Indiana (8/4)
4. UAB (8/4)
8. UNC (8/12)

Offers
1. Oklahoma (7/21, 8/3)
2. Mass Gen (7/22)
3. Baylor/TCH (7/25)
6. UAMS (7/28)
7. Cincinnati (7/28)
13. SLU (8/1)
15. UAB (8/1)
16. UT San Antonio (8/1)
17. Penn State (8/2)
18. UT Austin (8/2)
20. Stanford (8/2)
22. Emory (8/3)
23. Nationwide (8/4)
24. Nebraska (8/4)
25. Tennessee (8/4)
26. DuPont (8/4)
37. NYU Grossman (8/11)
38. Tower Health (8/12)

Waitlists
1. Cornell (8/4)
2. Indiana (8/4)

Rejections
2. Baylor/TCH
3. Indiana (8/4)
4. UAB (8/4)
8. UNC (8/12)

Offers
1. Oklahoma (7/21, 8/3)
2. Mass Gen (7/22)
3. Baylor/TCH (7/25)
6. UAMS (7/28)
7. Cincinnati (7/28)
11. UCLA Mattel Childrens (7/29, 8/12)
13. SLU (8/1)
15. UAB (8/1)
16. UT San Antonio (8/1)
17. Penn State (8/2)
18. UT Austin (8/2)
20. Stanford (8/2)
22. Emory (8/3)
23. Nationwide (8/4)
24. Nebraska (8/4)
25. Tennessee (8/4)
26. DuPont (8/4)
37. NYU Grossman (8/11)
38. Tower Health (8/12)

Waitlists
1. Cornell (8/4)
2. Indiana (8/4)

Rejections
2. Baylor/TCH
3. Indiana (8/4)
4. UAB (8/4)
8. UNC (8/12)

Last edited:
Offers
1. Oklahoma (7/21, 8/3)
2. Mass Gen (7/22)
3. Baylor/TCH (7/25)
6. UAMS (7/28)
7. Cincinnati (7/28)
13. SLU (8/1)
15. UAB (8/1)
16. UT San Antonio (8/1)
17. Penn State (8/2)
18. UT Austin (8/2)
20. Stanford (8/2)
22. Emory (8/3)
23. Nationwide (8/4)
24. Nebraska (8/4)
25. Tennessee (8/4)
26. DuPont (8/4)
37. NYU Grossman (8/11)
38. Tower Health (8/12)
39. University of Wisconsin (8/12)

Waitlists
1. Cornell (8/4)
2. Indiana (8/4)

Rejections
2. Baylor/TCH
3. Indiana (8/4)
4. UAB (8/4)
8. UNC (8/12)

Offers
1. Oklahoma (7/21, 8/3)
2. Mass Gen (7/22)
3. Baylor/TCH (7/25)
6. UAMS (7/28)
7. Cincinnati (7/28)
13. SLU (8/1)
15. UAB (8/1)
16. UT San Antonio (8/1)
17. Penn State (8/2)
18. UT Austin (8/2)
20. Stanford (8/2)
22. Emory (8/3)
23. Nationwide (8/4)
24. Nebraska (8/4)
25. Tennessee (8/4)
26. DuPont (8/4)
37. NYU Grossman (8/11)
38. Tower Health (8/12)
40. UNC (8/12)

Waitlists
1. Cornell (8/4)
2. Indiana (8/4)

Rejections
2. Baylor/TCH
3. Indiana (8/4)
4. UAB (8/4)
8. UNC (8/12)

Offers
1. Oklahoma (7/21, 8/3)
2. Mass Gen (7/22)
3. Baylor/TCH (7/25)
6. UAMS (7/28)
7. Cincinnati (7/28)
13. SLU (8/1)
15. UAB (8/1)
16. UT San Antonio (8/1)
17. Penn State (8/2)
18. UT Austin (8/2)
20. Stanford (8/2)
22. Emory (8/3)
23. Nationwide (8/4)
24. Nebraska (8/4)
25. Tennessee (8/4)
26. DuPont (8/4)
37. NYU Grossman (8/11)
38. Tower Health (8/12)
40. Boston Children’s (8/12)
41. UNC (8/12)

Waitlists
1. Cornell (8/4)
2. Indiana (8/4)

Rejections
2. Baylor/TCH
3. Indiana (8/4)
4. UAB (8/4)
8. UNC (8/12)

Offers
1. Oklahoma (7/21, 8/3)
2. Mass Gen (7/22)
3. Baylor/TCH (7/25)
6. UAMS (7/28)
7. Cincinnati (7/28)
13. SLU (8/1)
15. UAB (8/1)
16. UT San Antonio (8/1)
17. Penn State (8/2)
18. UT Austin (8/2)
20. Stanford (8/2)
22. Emory (8/3)
23. Nationwide (8/4)
24. Nebraska (8/4)
25. Tennessee (8/4)
26. DuPont (8/4)
37. NYU Grossman (8/11)
38. Tower Health (8/12)
40. Boston Children’s (8/12)
41. UNC (8/12)
42. Children’s Hospital of Michigan/ Detroit (8/15)

Offers
1. Oklahoma (7/21, 8/3)
2. Mass Gen (7/22)
3. Baylor/TCH (7/25)
6. UAMS (7/28)
7. Cincinnati (7/28)
13. SLU (8/1)
15. UAB (8/1)
16. UT San Antonio (8/1)
17. Penn State (8/2)
18. UT Austin (8/2)
20. Stanford (8/2)
22. Emory (8/3)
23. Nationwide (8/4)
24. Nebraska (8/4)
25. Tennessee (8/4)
26. DuPont (8/4)
37. NYU Grossman (8/11)
38. Tower Health (8/12)
40. UNC (8/12)
41. Boston Children’s (8/12)
42. Children’s Hospital of Michigan (8/15)

Waitlists
1. Cornell (8/4)
2. Indiana (8/4)

Rejections
2. Baylor/TCH
3. Indiana (8/4)
4. UAB (8/4)
8. UNC (8/12)

Offers
1. Oklahoma (7/21, 8/3)
2. Mass Gen (7/22)
3. Baylor/TCH (7/25)
6. UAMS (7/28)
7. Cincinnati (7/28)
13. SLU (8/1)
15. UAB (8/1)
16. UT San Antonio (8/1)
17. Penn State (8/2)
18. UT Austin (8/2)
20. Stanford (8/2)
22. Emory (8/3)
23. Nationwide (8/4)
24. Nebraska (8/4)
25. Tennessee (8/4)
26. DuPont (8/4)
37. NYU Grossman (8/11)
38. Tower Health (8/12)
40. UNC (8/12)
43. UPMC (8/15)

Waitlists
1. Cornell (8/4)
2. Indiana (8/4)

Rejections
2. Baylor/TCH
3. Indiana (8/4)
4. UAB (8/4)
8. UNC (8/12)

Offers
1. Oklahoma (7/21, 8/3)
2. Mass Gen (7/22)
3. Baylor/TCH (7/25)
6. UAMS (7/28)
7. Cincinnati (7/28)
13. SLU (8/1)
15. UAB (8/1)
16. UT San Antonio (8/1)
17. Penn State (8/2)
18. UT Austin (8/2)
20. Stanford (8/2, 8/15)
22. Emory (8/3)
23. Nationwide (8/4)
24. Nebraska (8/4)
25. Tennessee (8/4)
26. DuPont (8/4)
37. NYU Grossman (8/11)
38. Tower Health (8/12)
40. UNC (8/12)
43. UPMC (8/15)
44. Colorado (8/16)

Waitlists
1. Cornell (8/4)
2. Indiana (8/4)

Rejections
2. Baylor/TCH
3. Indiana (8/4)
4. UAB (8/4)
8. UNC (8/12)

Asking this for an IMG friend

If location is not a constraint and you're solely basing programs in terms of their reputation, patient population and diversity, complexity of cases, clinically focused over research etc; how would you rank the following programs and why?

Rainbow Childrens - Cleveland, OH
Nicklaus Childrens Hospital - Miami, OH
Phoenix Childrens - Phoenix, AZ

Anyone here experiencing a bit of a drought? Wondering if the rest will be a trickle or if there will be a second wave