PICU fellowships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoonerBJJ

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in PICU fellowship? What are the "better" programs? Has anyone had experience with PICU fellows during residency?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm also curious about combined NICU/PICU fellowships. Any info would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
any suggesions to prep for a picu rotation? thanks.

whasupmd2 said:
any suggesions to prep for a picu rotation? thanks.

The Tobias text is pretty good as a general PICU text. It covers most of the pertinent topics in satisfactory depth for a resident. I have found myself using Harriet Lane on call for formulas, doses, etc.

Since no one else has answered the original question, I'll take a crack at it. I can't recommend a specific program, but here are two things I know that I will look for ...

1) A program that is the only referral center for the area. One downside of the traditional children's hospitals is that they may loose trauma cases to the big public trauma center.

2) Make sure the program does all the bread and butter ICU cases: cardiac, solid organ transplant, neurosurgery, complex ortho (scolis), and trauma.

Ed

edmadison said:
Since no one else has answered the original question, I'll take a crack at it. I can't recommend a specific program, but here are two things I know that I will look for ...

1) A program that is the only referral center for the area. One downside of the traditional children's hospitals is that they may loose trauma cases to the big public trauma center.

2) Make sure the program does all the bread and butter ICU cases: cardiac, solid organ transplant, neurosurgery, complex ortho (scolis), and trauma.

Ed

Ed,
I know the PERFECT place for you :D

Notstudying