pilot paper

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc1978

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, this may sound really dumb..........but what is a pilot paper :)

Members don't see this ad.

if u have 100 more can u pass me

Members don't see this ad :)
virtualmeet said:
hi doc,
according to my knowledge pilot paper is one which was released by ASDA and it was given to dental schools that weren't doing good on the dental board exams...(400 questions in that paper)..correct me anyone if i am wrong..

cheers..

Very wrong.

The ADA is changing the format of Part I, but prior to changing it they want to know how dental students will do with the new format.

So, students take the Pilot exam, and then take the real Part I, and then the ADA can compare scores to see if the new format of the exam is too difficult or too easy, etc.

It has nothing to do with the ASDA or schools doing poorly on boards.

ItsGavinC said:
Very wrong.

The ADA is changing the format of Part I, but prior to changing it they want to know how dental students will do with the new format.

So, students take the Pilot exam, and then take the real Part I, and then the ADA can compare scores to see if the new format of the exam is too difficult or too easy, etc.

hi do u know when ADA is planing to change the part 1 format .
thanks

ItsGavinC said:
Very wrong.

thanks for the info..

ItsGavinC said:
Very wrong.

Hi Its gavinC,
I had called the ADA & they had said they do not know of any change in the paper format. i guess if there is a change in the format then it will be mentioned in the candidate guide when we apply for the exam right? They are not going to surprise the candidates by giving a new format altogether without informing, are they?
please do let us know if you have any info regarding this.
Thank you
rhia

ItsGavinC said:
When we took the Pilot exam last year, they told us they were expecting to change the exam THIS summer.

I will say, however, that the new format will probably be much easier. The pilot exam had normal-style questions and then some of the new-style questions on it. The new-style questions are "case-based," where you are given a short paragraph to read and then 3-5 questions all based on that paragraph.

Those new-style questions were MUCH easier.
hi!
can you please tell me from where can i get the pilot papers i am taking the exam in june ndbe part1

virtualmeet said:
hi doc,
according to my knowledge pilot paper is one which was released by ASDA and it was given to dental schools that weren't doing good on the dental board exams...(400 questions in that paper)..correct me anyone if i am wrong..

cheers..
hello,
i have been reading this thread about part1 exam for couple of days ,if u have the pilot papers can you e-mail to me also ,i am also taking the exam in may or june
thanx
or if u are selling them give me the price
my email- [email protected]

hi,
i,m also giving exam part 1 for second time.pls mail me the pilot paper.my id is [email protected]
thankyou

virtualmeet said:
hi doc,

cheers..
i am giving part 1 in april can u plz send pilot paper to [email protected]

hi there,
if anyone has pilot papers plz mail me.
if anyone is selling them plz lemme know the cost.
my mail id is [email protected]
thanks
manik

Members don't see this ad :)
hi everybody, if they are changing the format for part 1 does that mean kaplan has to come out with a new book, how soon are they going to change, do i have to join kaplan now or start studying with the materials and later join kaplan for 3 months,kindly please reply.

farrr said:
hi do u know when ADA is planing to change the part 1 format .
thanks
i have been reading this thread about part1 exam for couple of days ,if u have the pilot papers can you e-mail to me also ,i am also taking the exam in may or june
thanx
or if u are selling them give me the price
my email- [email protected]

hi
if anyone has pilot papers please mail me.
if anyone is selling them please let me know the cost.
my mail id is [email protected]
thanks
sai

taste buds said:
hi everybody, if they are changing the format for part 1 does that mean kaplan has to come out with a new book, how soon are they going to change, do i have to join kaplan now or start studying with the materials and later join kaplan for 3 months,kindly please reply.

The format will change, not the content. The material you have to know is the same.

doc1978 said:
Hi, this may sound really dumb..........but what is a pilot paper :)

did some one told you wats pilot paper , you know i have no idea wat it is and how its useful to part1 exam , kindly please inform me about pilot paper and where i can get it. they wont tell us to fly a plane or will they? .....jus kidding. ols informe me. i appreciate.

Hi!
I m also planning to take part 1 will u pl. send pilot paper to my email add. or if anybody selling it pl. give me the price.
E mail add. [email protected]

ItsGavinC said:
When we took the Pilot exam last year, they told us they were expecting to change the exam THIS summer.

I will say, however, that the new format will probably be much easier. The pilot exam had normal-style questions and then some of the new-style questions on it. The new-style questions are "case-based," where you are given a short paragraph to read and then 3-5 questions all based on that paragraph.

Those new-style questions were MUCH easier.
hai
can u please help me i with pilot paper if u have it please lemme know the price and pm me as soon as possible.

ahoy itsgavinc,
do u have any idea,when the ada is gonna change the format?
btw,can i have your e-mail id,if u dont mind!
thank u in advance,
wish u well, regards
prady

ItsGavinC said:
Very wrong.

prady said:
ahoy itsgavinc,
do u have any idea,when the ada is gonna change the format?
btw,can i have your e-mail id,if u dont mind!
thank u in advance,
wish u well, regards
prady
hi there if anybody selling the pilot paper can please quote the price?

I am selling the 2004 Pilot Paper which is on cd but
you can print it out. It has very minimal markings and
comes w/ official ASDA answers.

I am asking $15 No s/h because I will be emailing it
to you.

For those who are interested my email is [email protected]
+pad+