PIP at Walgreens

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Avex007

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will 2 consecutive scores below a 3 at WAG put you on PIP??

My first eval was 2.5 because of not getting getting along with tech , not performance related. The techs are very insubordinate and frequently call out.
I never got a mid point or any discussions about my performance, and I was really shocked.

I complained to HR and DM, who verbally agreed with me, that I should have been warned. They moved me to another store. All conversations have been recorded by me. I even mentioned that a tech wouldn't tell me the name of a petient who, she sold the wrong Rx (covering up STARS). This was in writting

DM asked if I would be interested in floating. I mentioned no, unless I get the same hours.

My new store is 65 hours as opposed to 80 hours from previous store. I usually get the same amount of hours by covering extra shifts.

This new store Rx manager seems nice but is rumored to grade strictly. He didn't get along with his previous staff. That staff and I swaped stores.

How should I proceed to ensure that I score well. Are there any legal recourse to protect myself? I am not looking to sue walgreens, but want to ensure that I am being treated fairly.

you can PM me if needed.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Before I left my first store, I reported multiple STARS on my previous Rxm. wrong dose insulin etc (Not a reason for my low score. This was after my eval)

I heard my current tech mention that the healthcare supervisor asked my current Rxm to get more STARS because our store doesn't have any for a long time. Our store is in the red zone.

Is this a way of asking the current Rxm to catch me on STARs as retaliation for reporting the previous Rxm?? Am I thinking too much into it?

Also, my current Rxm is a minority. The previous one is a white guy.

It seems like they are super strict to my current manager, but lets my old Rxm get away with a lot of things. In fact he just got approved for paternity leave.

Last edited:
Apparently the old Rxm is friends with the staff who I switched with. Maybe he played me, assuming that I would make a move to complain and request to get moved out.

I did not sign my eval but did sign a record of discussion regarding a conflict with a tech.
He was really adamant that I sign it.

How do I view my eval to make sure that he didn't cut/paste or forge my signature onto my eval?

Is it under portal somewhere??

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m just going to say this. The most important piece is who calls hr first.

I’m just going to say this. The most important piece is who calls hr first.
Are you saying I should call HR to give her more info?? Ex ,old Rx manager was trying to get me replaced with his friend??

How do I see the copy of my eval on Portal? I want to see if he forged my signature.

I believe I called HR first. But, I did see an email in sent box at my old store. The old Rx manager was expressing to the health care supervisor that the other staff pharmacist was interested in coming to his store. and he would like to discuss. That was before I contacted HR.

I am having trouble following your story. With your first store and your issues with the technicians....it sounds like your pharmacy manager was taking the technician's side?

Rule of thumb, if the pharmacy manager is happy with the technician's performance, regardless of how abysmal it is, you will have to learn to be happy with it. You are not going to be able to move into a store and change anything that the pharmacy manager is happy with. If the technicians are doing stuff to put your license in jeopardy, than get a new job (or float to get out of the store.) Work a minimum of 2 years before you start bringing up suggestions on how to do things differently (and make sure they are brought up as suggestions, not criticisms.)

Now, obviously it is too late to change what you did at the first store. My recommendation, bring donuts for the technicians at least once a week, do not complain at all in any way about their performance, strive to do everything the way your current manager and technicians like to see it done. Meet with your manager every week or every 2 weeks and ask them what they think of your current performance. Whatever suggestions your manager gives, take them seriously and then change.

Reactions: 1 users
Remember the first time around you were shocked at your eval.

So you were going to be passive and wait around for your next eval instead of just... asking how you were doing throughout the year?

Who the **** records conversations? OP I hope I don’t come out as severe but recording conversations is sneaky it’s not going to benefit you; in case if you present it at as a proof in hypothetical lawsuits, it probably will backfire because you recorded this without the other party’s consent and I don’t think it’s legal.

This part alone makes me think you are very insecure about yourself and trying to put a blame on others. Man-up and have one-on-one with your supervisor about any concerns regarding your performance and what you can do to get the higher rating next time.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Luckily for you, you are at walgreen which is currently the lowest paying, poorest run major retailer. This means that if you get fired or quit, you are not leaving behind anything special
step 1: fix and send out resumes (should have been done when asked to move first time)
step 2: probe current evaluator, check the air to see if dm/hr likes you at this time
step 3: prepare to stand tall or hide and ask to float. I prefer floating.

Luckily for you, you are at walgreen which is currently the lowest paying, poorest run major retailer. This means that if you get fired or quit, you are not leaving behind anything special
step 1: fix and send out resumes (should have been done when asked to move first time)
step 2: probe current evaluator, check the air to see if dm/hr likes you at this time
I'm actually really let down by pharmacy as a profession. Looking to get my MBA and switch careers. If I get fired, it will be the writing on the wall.

The going rate for new grads is much lower. If I go to a competitor, will they pay me higher than my current rate or the new grad rate?

• Haha
I went from one big red to the other big red and the new big red took into consideration what I was getting paid at the old big red. Not quite apples to apples due to COL and hours but better than getting $45/h.

Last edited:
Techs are the unspoken union. I used to worry more about making a clinical mistake but the truth is your career is more at jeopardy with your co-workers than making a mistake. I worked at a facility with a bunch of techs that were the worst and reminded me of high school behavior probably because most of them were only 4 years or less removed from that environment. I thank God I am out of that situation even if I make less money.

Reactions: 4 users
The going rate for new grads is much lower. If I go to a competitor, will they pay me higher than my current rate or the new grad rate?
So what happened in the end?
Just need to interview and find out. I know I am getting 20$ more than WG pays new grads in the next major metro, but anything is possible.

So what happened in the end?
Just need to interview and find out. I know I am getting 20$ more than WG pays new grads in the next major metro, but anything is possible.
Despite getting a low evaluation score and getting moved to a different store (due to insubordinate techs and lousy Rxm), I was offered a Rx manager position in person by the district manager. (possibly due to good metrics at new store and helping cover other stores and good words by management) I emailed about pay increase, location and bonus. The DM replied that he would call me. That was a week ago and I never heard back.

I'm not really concerned, because I won't take the extra responsibility unless they increase my pay for the amount of extra responsibility that comes with it.
If it was offered to a new grad, so be it.

I'm already getting more than Rxm hours by taking extra shift anyways.

Some of these techs are malicious beings. One tried to boss me around and slacked offm so I spoke to the rxm. Today, she was a complete different being. Offering to help and being extra nice.

The tech could just be bipolar

Like customers who are always surly and looking to pick a fight then when you see them working their temp job at Target they are nice and say you are a nice pharmacist (uhhhhh)

• Haha
Despite getting a low evaluation score and getting moved to a different store (due to insubordinate techs and lousy Rxm), I was offered a Rx manager position in person by the district manager. (possibly due to good metrics at new store and helping cover other stores and good words by management) I emailed about pay increase, location and bonus. The DM replied that he would call me. That was a week ago and I never heard back.

I'm not really concerned, because I won't take the extra responsibility unless they increase my pay for the amount of extra responsibility that comes with it.
If it was offered to a new grad, so be it.

I'm already getting more than Rxm hours by taking extra shift anyways.
When I got promoted from staff to RxM, my pay bump was a little over $3 an hour. This was back in 2015. My second to last year my bonus was cut in half and the final year I didn’t even get one despite my store hitting nearly all of our metric goals, including our flu shot numbers.

Given your situation with the low evals, it wouldn’t surprise me if your DM is being hush hush about responding to your questions about the position as it is likely in a tough area and the current pay bump may be even smaller now for the promotion. In my experience, I really liked my team and even enjoyed what I did most of the time, but it is an absolutely exhausting job. Best of luck with whatever you choose to do.

When I got promoted from staff to RxM, my pay bump was a little over $3 an hour. This was back in 2015. My second to last year my bonus was cut in half and the final year I didn’t even get one despite my store hitting nearly all of our metric goals, including our flu shot numbers.

Given your situation with the low evals, it wouldn’t surprise me if your DM is being hush hush about responding to your questions about the position as it is likely in a tough area and the current pay bump may be even smaller now for the promotion. In my experience, I really liked my team and even enjoyed what I did most of the time, but it is an absolutely exhausting job. Best of luck with whatever you choose to do.
What would be a fair raise to RXM in your opinion?

Fair? You can ask for 2-4% if you want it approved. But c'mon, the power you will weild is priceless.