Pitt Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pinkertinkle

2003 Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is U Pitt known for giving out interviews before secondaries are completed, cuz a friend of mine said he got one already???

Members don't see this ad.

yep.. i think about 100-150 students get his presecondary interview. It means that there app was very impressive and their likelyhood of acceptance quite good. but not guaranteed by any means.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I know this past application cycle a couple people received interviews before completing their secondaires, but this didn't seem to necessarily correlate with a higher chance of acceptance (I got accepted for example after only being an interview post-secondary)

Does the interview invitation come before even the secondary invitation? Or just before the secondary is completed?

He says it came a couple hours after secondary invite.

Catalyst said:
Yeah, I know this past application cycle a couple people received interviews before completing their secondaires, but this didn't seem to necessarily correlate with a higher chance of acceptance (I got accepted for example after only being an interview post-secondary)

Yeah, but it's a helluva lot less money and time. Pitt, send me one please!!!

It happened to me this past cycle. The e-mail secondary invite came first, then the e-mail interview invite. You still have to submit the secondary though before the admissions committee will make a final decision on you. Also, Pitt is non-rolling, so you get your decision with everybody else at the beginning of March.

I don't know what the exact correlation is between this pre-sec invite and chance of acceptance, but I was accepted with the first batch this past March and am matriculating next month.

Good luck!

Wow, that's interesting, I wasn't aware that some schools have this policy!

yeah, i can, uh, confirm that this is true, because "this guy" i know just got an interview invite when i checked my email...

What are "this guy's" stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Pinkertinkle said:
RC's uhh, mr 43 as we call him.

Yeah, but that can't be all. I got a 42 and I still don't have one. What else? Sorry for being such a bother, but Pitt was/is a top-choice of mine.

Wow, 42, I don't think you have much to worry about unless you are seriously deficient in EC's, GPA. Are those okay?

Oh yeah, does anyone know what percentage of Pitt's interviewee's are offered acceptances? Is it about 50% like all the others?

Pinkertinkle said:
Wow, 42, I don't think you have much to worry about unless you are seriously deficient in EC's, GPA. Are those okay?

GPA so-so (3.5 from NU). EC's are also so-so. I did found a club, but it hasn't really gotten anywhere yet. We sure will see.

I haven't even gotten my secondary from Pitt. Has anyone else not gotten a secondary yet?

Happened to me when I applied to PITT a couple of years ago.

I haven't gotten a secondary or any news from Pitt, either.

I also read on the forums that UMich does a similar thing - picks a group of people to go straight to the interview (they still have to complete the secondary as a formality).

Pinkertinkle said:
Oh yeah, does anyone know what percentage of Pitt's interviewee's are offered acceptances? Is it about 50% like all the others?

At most schools, 50% of interviewees get accepted? Wow, that's high... I was thinking more like one-third or one-fourth...

i'm still in the no-contact-from-pitt club. :thumbdown:

leechy said:
At most schools, 50% of interviewees get accepted? Wow, that's high... I was thinking more like one-third or one-fourth...

From what I understand, about one fourth matriculate, so they offer double that in acceptances.