Pitt or Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coolview

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which school are you going to choose if you only think about school itself and dental education? (Ignoring tuition, living expenses, and weather.)

Members don't see this ad.

Buffalo. Excellent clinical education.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think Buffalo probably offers a better education, but PITT is very well thought of. In deciding between the two, I personally would take price and location as my primary reasons for one program over another. Considering that they are both rust belt cities (although I think Pitt has recently undergone some major improvements), I would probably weigh the cost more. If you are a resident of either state, go to that school...if not, go to the one that you feel you will be more comfortable with. I cannot speak for PITT, but at Buffalo the students are generally happy with both the school and our social lives...

Good luck with your decision, either way...you can't lose

I know buffalo students are soo chill and happy with their school...

I know my friend who interviewed at both also says Buffalo is better overall

go to Pitt, ive been to both, i thought the students at Pitt were a lot happier and the lab and buildings were a lot nicer..

they are both great schools.
if i had been accepted ( i got waitlisted) to buffalo i would have a hard time deciding between the two.
it all depends on what ur looking for in a school and what kind of environment would allow u to be successful

Oh no comparison...Buffalo alllllll the way!!!!!!!!!!!

which one did you end up picking? I've been to both schools for interview, and pittsburgh might have the look of a metro city but it might just be too expensive without much to offer. Night life suffers in both cities in the winter, but at least there's Toronto just a couple of hours away from Buffalo.