Pitt Second Look

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, one thing I forgot to ask at the 2nd look: how is AOA determined at Pitt? Anyone know?

Members don't see this ad.

SachinG said:
Hey, one thing I forgot to ask at the 2nd look: how is AOA determined at Pitt? Anyone know?

My host said that it was by how many blocks you honored. There may be other things involved though if there's a tie, I suppose...

DrJ2B said:
I wish I could have been there guys! I just found out today that I was accepted but they made their decision last Thursday! I could have been there! You all rock, Pitters! :D
hey congratulations!!
now you dont have to worry about reapplying...i had faith that you would get into an excellent school man.
its all good now bro...must feel good huh?
im so excited for you...kick ass bro.
:horns:

Members don't see this ad :)
quideam said:
My host said that it was by how many blocks you honored. There may be other things involved though if there's a tie, I suppose...

i think that's what i heard also (pretty sure it's in the green book we got during the interview). but if they really do drop honors next year, then i'd assume it'd be strictly from rotations.

seems like a lot of people were persuaded to come during the second look. i had an awesome time meeting everyone and will be there next year barring any movement from my waitlists.

jlee9531 said:
hey congratulations!!
now you dont have to worry about reapplying...i had faith that you would get into an excellent school man.
its all good now bro...must feel good huh?
im so excited for you...kick ass bro.
:horns:

Thank so much man for all the support and kind words through this process. Your great karma rubbed off on me! Now let UCLA take you off the waitlist before I slap dem biznitches up! ;)

Hey Pitters!

Would someone please do me a favor and tell me where I can access the 2004 Pitt Match List? I am only really interested in the Peds Matches. Thanks so much! :D

are they dropping honors next year?

Rocco

RoccoWJ said:
are they dropping honors next year?

Rocco

Sounds like we have a rumor developing... I say someone call tomorrow and see if they can find out.

Pitt generally does very well in matching in pediatrics. I think that part of it is having own top training program which is one of the best in the country. The school is building a new hospital which is supposed to be the biggest in the country when it is finished and Presby is going to expand into Children's. I don't know how much you will be in the new hospital as a student but I can only imagine that it will improve the pediatric residency and fellowship programs. finally, make sure that you picl a school that can get you into whatever type of specialty you want. who knows, maybe you'll get to your peds rotation, hate working on sick kids and go into neurosurgery. cheers.