PItt vs. Northwestern. Poll?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nuclearrabbit

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
simple question. where would you go?

Members don't see this ad.

Pitt (but I don't know anything about Northwestern, so I guess I'm not too helpful) :wink:

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess i should also ask: Why?

Depends what you are looking for:

Pitt:

Pro: care about students, great for a small town, cheap rents etc and stuf that goes with being a small town, THE PBL school.

Con: THE PBL school, small town

Northwestern:

Pro: Chicago, great city, all the amenities of a big city, good if you want to be an academic

Con: Cold, expensive

So, it depends what you want to do in the long run and what environment you want to do it in. Both are great schools.

N.W.N.W.N.W.N.W.N.W.N.W.N.W.N.W.N.W...
Hope to see you in Chi-town next year :D

Northwestern! NUFSoM...heh, I liked NUMS better.

about equal ranks and both pricey privates. comes down to the curriculum, the location, and the "feel of the school"

personally, NUMS.

I'd go with Pitt. They have much more research resources than NU. The interesting thing is that Pitt is reputed to have one of the best clinical training programs around. Though, Chicago is likely more fun than Pittsburgh. Also, both have very happy students, I hear.

eww.. tough call. Only got interviewed @ Pitt, but I'll pipe in anyway. NUMS was originally a very top choice with U Chicago. I just have this thing for Chicago though I had never been. that said, both curricula seem similar, very little contact hours, lots of problem-based learning stuff.

As for the clinical experience and research opps, Pitt blows Northwestern out the water. Hospitals within a 50 mile radius? u frigging kidding me? NUMS doesn't have its part of the city to itself [U Chicago, Finch, Loyola, Illinois-Chicago]. The cities are on a different teir of price and size, so that's also personal preference. As someone that's never lived in a truly big city (Tampa doesn't count, yet) either one would be awesome for me. PBL schools seem to have very cooperative/friendly students so that should be close.

Either way, you're going to be somewhere great. Have a good time and don't look back.

NUMS man! Why? Because I ain't wanna see you at Pitt! You ain't no PittMed material man. You doubt Pitt! Tis shoulda been no question for ya bud! :D :D :D

kidding aside, Pitts!!!! Go Pitts! See you there in august!!! Make sure you say hi and tell me who you are!