pitt?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wetlightning

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
are they sending out secondaries yet?

i haven't heard anything... :(

Members don't see this ad.

wetlightning said:
are they sending out secondaries yet?

i haven't heard anything... :(

i got mine aug 2

Some people have received secondaries and even interviews. I haven't heard yet. They screen.

Members don't see this ad :)
anybody verified july 6 or after hear from them?

I was verified on 7/6 and haven't heard anything. :rolleyes: Keeping my fingers crossed! :oops:

Here's hoping as well

SpeedRacer said:
i got mine aug 2

by email? When was your AMCAS verified?

Maybe not getting a secondary is a good thing...means I don't have to worry about that ethical/moral dilemma question. I have yet to come up w/ a good one.

Wet - when were you complete. I was verified June 14th and havent heard anything. Not sure what that means but it seems everyone who got an early secondary got an interview invite....

oh poo.

no word yet from them :oops:

- verified june 30.

no early interview for me :rolleyes:

I'm wondering if maybe they have an MCAT plus GPA cutoff, so they go through the aps and give an automatic secondary to anybody above a certain level in both of those numbers. And then the rest of the applications (ours) get looked at individually to decide if they should send a secondary. So, like, the computer just spits out the names of the automatic people, and then actual people have to go through the other ones.

I just made that up, but it sounds good :D

tigress said:
I'm wondering if maybe they have an MCAT plus GPA cutoff, so they go through the aps and give an automatic secondary to anybody above a certain level in both of those numbers. And then the rest of the applications (ours) get looked at individually to decide if they should send a secondary. So, like, the computer just spits out the names of the automatic people, and then actual people have to go through the other ones.

I just made that up, but it sounds good :D

sounds good to me too :D
i have enough secondaries to worry about right now anyway.

actually msot people taht have psoted about pitt have been gettin jsut the secondary invite, so the automatic thing is happenign concurrently with the actual pre-secondary screening.

Members don't see this ad :)
The couple ppl on here that have gotten anything from Pitt also were verified before June 10 from what I asked I believe.

funshine said:
by email? When was your AMCAS verified?

Maybe not getting a secondary is a good thing...means I don't have to worry about that ethical/moral dilemma question. I have yet to come up w/ a good one.

dude...that essay question is the only thing keeping me from sending this biatch in. it's not that i can't think of a dilemma, it's just that i can't think of one appropriate to write about in a med school essay :eek:
haha..."eek"

i got it by email, my amcas was verified june 13.

I just got the secondary from pitt today and I was also verified around June 16th or so. I was actually really surprised that I passed the screening!! :D I'm sure you guys will get it soon. I think they're just taking a while. Good luck!!

hey all, thanks for the responses! i was verified around june 20...so fingers crossed.

ethical/moral dilemma? oh god, that sounds like a tough question......

I just got an interview invite there before I sent in my secondary, so I guess they are doing that too

ultimateend said:
I just got an interview invite there before I sent in my secondary, so I guess they are doing that too

that's cool. did you apply to / get invited to interview at GW too? just wanted to know if they send email invites in addition to snail mail...

does anyone have pitt's admissions phone number or email address? i can't find it ANYWHERE. thanks!

<sigh> Another day passes. I guess I'll do Cornell's secondary now...

Hopefully next week brings good news.

I wouldn't lose hope, though. I've received several secondary notifications via email around 6pm Eastern time. *crosses fingers*

Apparently Pitt JUST started their process. They are in the very very beginning stage so I wouldn't worry at all. Gotta always realize this is SDN and not the norm.

tennisnr said:
Apparently Pitt JUST started their process. They are in the very very beginning stage so I wouldn't worry at all. Gotta always realize this is SDN and not the norm.

Thanks for finding that out- I've done so many secondaries already that I'm ready to close the book on them :)

SDN: The overachiever's alternate universe.
;)

Clocks said:
Thanks for finding that out- I've done so many secondaries already that I'm ready to close the book on them :)

Actually it was good ol' wetlightning that found this info. Can't take credit :)

anyone know who they ask for the automatic interview pre-secondary?...like is it based on mcats/gpa?

and anyone else interviewing there on september 12th?.....

Bump

Any news from Pitt?

Saturnine said:
Bump

Any news from Pitt?
None here. I was verified on June 21st and still no news, although I think I read somewhere that they send secondaries to 90% of applicants (so don't start freaking out yet).

Labslave said:
None here. I was verified on June 21st and still no news, although I think I read somewhere that they send secondaries to 90% of applicants (so don't start freaking out yet).

I just got my secondary last week. There is another thread about this. I was verified around june 15th,