Place to Stay in Hennepin for away rotation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kbrown

chicken
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an away rotation at Hennepin County in October and have not had much luck finding a place to stay. Is there anyone out there who found affordable housing? I have tried the list of people who volunteer to let you stay with them, but some have decided not to participate, some telephone numbers are wrong, some have cats (miserably allergic), etc...

Has anyone ever just stayed in one of the call rooms, or found cheap lodging elsewhere? Help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

kbrown

Members don't see this ad.

kbrown said:
I have an away rotation at Hennepin County in October and have not had much luck finding a place to stay. Is there anyone out there who found affordable housing? I have tried the list of people who volunteer to let you stay with them, but some have decided not to participate, some telephone numbers are wrong, some have cats (miserably allergic), etc...

Has anyone ever just stayed in one of the call rooms, or found cheap lodging elsewhere? Help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

kbrown

I've been told that there use to be housing in the hospital available. When I rotated there it wasn't a vailable so I stayed at one of the places you checked out. The other thing to try would be to call the Univ of Minn COM and ask them about housing. They may be able to forward your e-mail to a listserv for the students. I'm sure there are plenty of medstudents on away rotations that wouldn't mind you paying their rent.

good luck and enjoy your month there

pinbor1

thankin you.

KB