Places to study

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

russellfx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay so I'm taking a kaplan mcat class and I seem to have a hard time studying during the day. Thats either because I'm working all day or if not I'm sleeping in until 11 and then I watch some TV/exercise .. its the summer I mean c'mon! Anyway, up in college I usually did my major studying for any test at night in the library (usually 6pm+ till whenever maybe 10pm-12am). Studying in my house is ehhh.. and the public library I don't believe is open that late nore is any other place like borders or something. Any suggestions??

Members don't see this ad.

Are you in a town that has a nearby college? You can just follow the older-looking PhD students around and you'll eventually discover hipster study cafes. Bring a pair of earplugs or an ipod with ambient sound, buy a cheap cup of tea, and you're all set.

Okay so I'm taking a kaplan mcat class and I seem to have a hard time studying during the day. Thats either because I'm working all day or if not I'm sleeping in until 11 and then I watch some TV/exercise .. its the summer I mean c'mon! Anyway, up in college I usually did my major studying for any test at night in the library (usually 6pm+ till whenever maybe 10pm-12am). Studying in my house is ehhh.. and the public library I don't believe is open that late nore is any other place like borders or something. Any suggestions??

umm, maybe you can try studying in the bathroom at your house. no, seriously, i mean it. Sometimes i have problems concentrating when i'm studying too, and the bathroom always works best because its quiet and intimate. My room has too many distractions (computer, TV, music, bed, etc.), the library's no good for me cuz either i get really bored and sleepy :oops: or there's too many people doing other things around me. Studying outside (i.e. parks) also doesn't work because there's no intimacy btwn my books and I. I don't know how your bathroom is at your house but mine's pretty swell for studying. I recently discovered that there i have the highest level of alertness and comfotability needed for mcat studying. creepy, i know. well, good luck to you!

It is tricky in Summer. Every thing closes by 10PM. I come home and study again because my house is quiet after 10. I do end up putting in some late hours..