plagiarism and application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KCA116

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am currently applying this cycle to several md schools. I had a plagiarism issue during my junior year of undergrad. I was given a take home exam in a bio class and used a source to answer one of the questions from the internet but didn't think it was necessary to cite it since it was an exam. Any ways... I was reported to academic integrity office and I received a 0 only on the question that was of question and still managed to pull off an A in the course. As I complete my application, I am uncertain on how to describe this situation and wondering if this would really hurt my application. I have a 3.6 gpa and mcat is still pending. also have 3000 hours of ER tech experience and a few published ortho papers. Please give me some advice or feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

These are the types of things that won't block an interview invite, but will come up in the interview. How you handle it will determine your fate.

Hello,
I am currently applying this cycle to several md schools. I had a plagiarism issue during my junior year of undergrad. I was given a take home exam in a bio class and used a source to answer one of the questions from the internet but didn't think it was necessary to cite it since it was an exam. Any ways... I was reported to academic integrity office and I received a 0 only on the question that was of question and still managed to pull off an A in the course. As I complete my application, I am uncertain on how to describe this situation and wondering if this would really hurt my application. I have a 3.6 gpa and mcat is still pending. also have 3000 hours of ER tech experience and a few published ortho papers. Please give me some advice or feedback!

I totally agree with you! I definitely take full responsibility for my own actions and learned from this experience.