Falsification of document and PA school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lucidia6

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am a bio student graduating in May with my associate's degree. I have intent to get my bachelor's degree and my master's in physician assistant studies.

My issue is, two years ago I had asked a student to cover and sign for me for animal care duty at my school. I was in a really bad spot at the time and very medicated as I had just got out the hospital from an attempt of suicide. Of course, I was too embarrassed to speak up to anyone about it. Although I still showed up and completely forgot to sign out when I left. The student felt uncomfortable and reported me also saying that I assumed she would forge my signature to sign out, which I honestly didn't. Along with this she also said I forged my time in (I did not, I always looked at my phone when I was signing in, and wrote that time down.) Not really relevant but this student and I never saw eye to eye from the beginning so I'm guessing that's why she threw in a little extra stuff.

This led me to be dismissed from the vet tech program and is now on my record as falsification of a document. My school still let me continue taking classes there and that's where I'll be graduating from in May. I wasn't suspended or put on a probation or anything, just dismissed from the vet tech program. I know how bad this looks and I wanted to know what my chances would still be of getting into PA school as by the time I get to that point to apply it'll be a good 6 years of time since the incident. I honestly learned so much from this happening to me, and learned my lesson about not communicating the way I should and going about things the wrong way. I also learned what field I truly have a passion for which led me to make the PA decision.

I have great grades, and great letters of recommendations. It's just this on my record causing an issue. I have some backup plans if need be but I refuse to just give up on what I truly want to do. How should I go about this and what are my chances of even getting into a PA school at this point?

Members don't see this ad.