Plan B?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmbgg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I don't know if an official thread already exists like this, but I was going to try and get one started.

I am about to finish the application process for my first choice pharmacy school (I only meet the requirements for this school for 2012). I will have my Bachelor's finished that Fall if I do not get in. Which leads me to wonder, what's next?

So what are your plans in case you don't get in and you are finished with your Bachelor's? Take more tests and apply to different schools? Retake classes? Work on minors? Work on masters?

Just trying to get an idea of what options are out there.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I remember there was a Plan B thread a couple years ago that got dumped into the sociopolitical forum. I wonder how that thread is doing :smuggrin:

Had I not been accepted, I would done what B mentioned; year long masters. I would have also found out my deficiencies in my application by contacting the schools directly and worked on improving them.

I agree with all of the above and found Lea's to be the closest to my own plan B. I planned to contact my school of choice and ask what I could do to be more competitive the next year.

Getting experience was high on my list of things to do if I didn't get it.

I also thought this was a plan B thread and I must say I am disappointed. :D

Plan B was to get a tech job.

Next Choice would have been to finish the tech training program at CC despite already having passed PTCB.

My plan B (which I actually had to exercise as I didn't get in the first time; admitted I didn't spend as much time on my app as I would have liked because I was still in school in the most stressful year of my college career!) was to retake classes I did poorly in, find work (pharmacy or not), spend a lot more time on polishing my statement/app, and generally improve as an applicant as much as I could. I also applied to more schools instead of just a couple the first time around, but it worked out in the end.

+1 on thinking this was a Plan B thread as well ;)

My plan B (which I actually had to exercise as I didn't get in the first time; admitted I didn't spend as much time on my app as I would have liked because I was still in school in the most stressful year of my college career!) was to retake classes I did poorly in, find work (pharmacy or not), spend a lot more time on polishing my statement/app, and generally improve as an applicant as much as I could. I also applied to more schools instead of just a couple the first time around, but it worked out in the end.

+1 on thinking this was a Plan B thread as well ;)

Yeah this is most likely what I will do. I don't have the strongest academic background (I was at a CC for 3 years, now a university where I will be done with my BS in 3 semesters including this one, overall gpa around 3.2, university gpa of about 2.8, but that will improve before I finish my BS). But I have worked at CVS as a certified tech for 3 years. I also have strong recommendations I believe. I will hope for the best, but I am feeling overwhelmingly stressed.

I also thought we were going to be talking about contraception.

Echoing above: My plan is to talk to my choice school about how to make my application more competitive. Quit at the bank & get a tech job (at a pay cut & loss of a lot of benefits... I like 23 days of PTO + holidays). Keep volunteering at the medical clinic. Consider going for a bachelor's / upper level classes, or retaking that pesky Diff Eq F. :mad: