TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hopefully an ADCOM will see this and be able to comment.

I have a LizzyM score of 65 (3.4/31). I submitted my first secondary on 7/3 and my last 9/6 and had most submitted within two weeks of receiving them.

So far, I haven't received any M.D. interviews (8 rejections, haven't heard anything from 18 schools).

Do I have any chance of getting interview later in the cycle?
Are committees giving interviews to OOS applicants with 65 LizzyM scores right now?
If not, do they do that later? Around when do people with my sub-par stats get interviews, if it all?

Thanks for your time!

About the Ads

xffan624

7+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]

I have a LizzyM score of 65 (3.4/31). I submitted my first secondary on 7/3 and my last 9/6 and had most submitted within two weeks of receiving them.

So far, I haven't received any M.D. interviews (8 rejections, haven't heard anything from 18 schools).

Are committees giving interviews to OOS applicants with 65 LizzyM scores right now?
If not, do they do that later? Around when do people with my sub-par stats get interviews, if it all?

Thanks for your time!

Your questions are extremely school dependent and your chances of actually receiving an interview is dependent on the schools you applied to, other elements of your application, and a little thing we like to call luck. Asking even an ADCOM member to give you predictions on this is a bit ridiculous.

FWIW, I had a low GPA and good MCAT, was complete early, submitted most of my secondaries within two weeks or so, and received 6 interview invites ranging from August until the last one in March.

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
It really depends upon where you applied to. If you aimed too high, then you can look forward to more rejections, or a long wait and then rejections.

If you aimed for schools where you have the best chance of success according to your numbers, like, say, Rosy F, Drexel, or Tulane, then you have to be patient as they work their way through the people with higher numbers, until they get to your strata, as it were, and hopefully there will still be some slots left at that point.

Remember, patience is a virtue.

Thanks for your time!

Reactions: 1 user

TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
It really depends upon where you applied to. If you aimed too high, then you can look forward to more rejections, or a long wait and then rejections.

If you aimed for schools where you have the best chance of success according to your numbers, like, say, Rosy F, Drexel, or Tulane, then you have to be patient as they work their way through the people with higher numbers, until they get to your strata, as it were, and hopefully there will still be some slots left at that point.

Remember, patience is a virtue.
Thanks Goro. Yes, I did apply to schools close to my stats. Got a rejection from RosyF yesterday though. :(

NickNaylor

Thank You for Smoking
10+ Year Member
May 22, 2008
Deep in the heart of Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Yes. BU also gets a high volume.

The thing in common with all of those schools is that they're in purportedly "desireable" areas and not in the top 20 cohort, meaning anyone who wants to live in DC, Boston, etc. is going to apply to those schools. Obviously lots of people want to live there.

Ismet

Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
May 15, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
The thing in common with all of those schools is that they're in purportedly "desireable" areas and not in the top 20 cohort, meaning anyone who wants to live in DC, Boston, etc. is going to apply to those schools. Obviously lots of people want to live there.

Isn't it more based on the stats? They're pretty middle-of-the-road in terms of stats, meaning lots of people think of them as "safeties" (lol) or within their stat range. I mean, Drexel isn't exactly in a desirable place. And Boston's COL is astronomical.

Jun 21, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]

I don't think it's the location. They're private (little to no IS bias) with low matriculant stats & no exclusive mission (unlike Loma Linda or HBCUs). I'm sure location doesn't hurt, but let's be honest--many weak applicants would go *anywhere*.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads