Plan on Applying: Essay Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jitaka

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals:

I attend on applying to Pharmacy Colleges this Summer and I was wondering about the type of essays that the college's ask of us to write. I know that I have to write a personal statement (fun), but does anyone remember they type of questions they ask us in the supplemental essay questions?

Some of my top choices, are UF, Nova, MWU-CCP, and Denver. Any help will be greatly appreciated :) Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

yeah, i had the same question. What's the pharmcas question? and other supplemental questions that are asked by pharm schools?

PharmCAS: Your Personal Statement should address why you selected pharmacy as a career and how the Doctor of Pharmacy degree relates to your immediate and long-term professional goals. ( I think that the maximum length was 4500 characters.)

General: Describe "why you are applying to the such and such college of pharmacy PharmD Program."

UF supplemental: Keep in mind that each response should be less than 150 words.
How would you describe your personality?
What areas of personal development do you think you need to improve upon?
What is the strongest aspect of your personality?
What community service activities have you been involved in over the past five years?
Do you have any withdrawals, incomplete, or failing grades on your college transcript(s)? If so, please explain the reasons or circumstances.
Briefly, describe what you can contribute to the University of Florida College of Pharmacy as a pharmacy student. Concisely state why the Admissions Committee should invite you to attend the College of Pharmacy.

Members don't see this ad :)