Planned activities mistake and an awkward unprofessional situation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reaction mechanisms

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I reported on my TMDSAS application that my planned activities included scribing as I had recently accepted a position with a scribe company. This scribe company turned out to be completely illegitimate and they basically tried to lure me to a cheap hotel during training. It’s a long story but I am no longer working as a scribe for this company and have instead accepted a position elsewhere (not scribing). How do I go about updating my application without having to explain the terribly unprofessional situation with the scribe company?

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
I reported on my TMDSAS application that my planned activities included scribing as I had recently accepted a position with a scribe company. This scribe company turned out to be completely illegitimate and they basically tried to lure me to a cheap hotel during training. It’s a long story but I am no longer working as a scribe for this company and have instead accepted a position elsewhere (not scribing). How do I go about updating my application without having to explain the terribly unprofessional situation with the scribe company?
Is this like a 911 type of situation....? Being that it is a projected activity, if you do happen to be asked about it in an interview then you should be able to simply get away with "I was offered a better position at XYZ and thus left the scribing position."

Reactions: 1 user
How do I go about updating my application without having to explain the terribly unprofessional situation with the scribe company?
"Due to unforeseen circumstances, I ended up accepting a position at another company, where I was able to X, Y, Z..."

You can update this in secondaries, or during the interview. I would not worry about this change. Gap year plans change so often that no one puts stock into what planned activities are listed.

As for this scribing company, if it was a rogue individual, they should be reported to their supervisor. If this was the boss or you do not obtain a satisfactory resolution from the company, consider filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (Protections Against Discrimination and Other Prohibited Practices) if this activity was unethical, or with the police if it was outright criminal.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, right. I suppose I was overthinking it or still dealing with shock of the situation. I know I should have reported it but it happened about 3 weeks ago now and I was completely overwhelmed with my to do list at that point so I just put it off. Basically, avoid iScribeMD at all costs.

Oh, right. I suppose I was overthinking it or still dealing with shock of the situation. I know I should have reported it but it happened about 3 weeks ago now and I was completely overwhelmed with my to do list at that point so I just put it off. Basically, avoid iScribeMD at all costs.

You should still report it. You could prevent someone from getting hurt.

Reactions: 1 user