Planning Step 1 Qbank study plan after testing date was pushed back

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted915325

So I imagine there are probably a number of people who are in this situation. That said, I am going to post my individual dilemma but feel free to post about yours as well.

I had to push my Step 1 date back because of all the COVID drama. I have a date set for June 26th (hopefully that doesn't get pushed again). I've already finished my first pass of UWORLD as of this past weekend and had 77-78% correct. I also finished Kaplan throughout M2. I am doing pretty well right now and believe I am close to being able to achieve my target of 250, however I am scared of falling off and regressing now that I've finished two of the best banks and have over 2 months until my test. (I don't really having any glaring weaknesses other than biochem, which I intend to do some focused studying on). I plan on redoing my incorrects on UW but really don't think there would be much value in doing a full second pass. I thought about renewing my Rx subscription since I've only done half of the bank, but tbh I feel like I've outgrown that bank. I guess what I'm thinking is to start doing AMBOSS to keep seeing fresh questions and keep myself from falling off? Although I could honestly blow through those questions in 2 weeks at the pace I go and then be left with basically nothing for the rest of the time. I have never been an ANKI user and at this point don't really plan to start as I don't learn that way and I have been very successful without it.

Anyway, I know this is a bit of a ramble, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or advice if they are in a similar situation. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Back when I took Step 1, I definitely remembered how my classmates and I all agreed that you have to "ramp up" your studying and ideally take Step 1 at your "peak" - study for too short or too long and you're not going to score your full potential. If you have a solid understanding of the material and you're comfortable with where you're at this far out from your test date, I would slow it on the studying for a bit. Yes, you'll regress, but you have time to make it back up, and there's no way you can keep studying at full speed for the next 2 months straight without burning out.

Reactions: 1 user