Planning Step 1 Qbank study plan after testing date was pushed back

Started by deleted915325
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted915325

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I imagine there are probably a number of people who are in this situation. That said, I am going to post my individual dilemma but feel free to post about yours as well.

I had to push my Step 1 date back because of all the COVID drama. I have a date set for June 26th (hopefully that doesn't get pushed again). I've already finished my first pass of UWORLD as of this past weekend and had 77-78% correct. I also finished Kaplan throughout M2. I am doing pretty well right now and believe I am close to being able to achieve my target of 250, however I am scared of falling off and regressing now that I've finished two of the best banks and have over 2 months until my test. (I don't really having any glaring weaknesses other than biochem, which I intend to do some focused studying on). I plan on redoing my incorrects on UW but really don't think there would be much value in doing a full second pass. I thought about renewing my Rx subscription since I've only done half of the bank, but tbh I feel like I've outgrown that bank. I guess what I'm thinking is to start doing AMBOSS to keep seeing fresh questions and keep myself from falling off? Although I could honestly blow through those questions in 2 weeks at the pace I go and then be left with basically nothing for the rest of the time. I have never been an ANKI user and at this point don't really plan to start as I don't learn that way and I have been very successful without it.

Anyway, I know this is a bit of a ramble, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or advice if they are in a similar situation. Thank you!
 
Back when I took Step 1, I definitely remembered how my classmates and I all agreed that you have to "ramp up" your studying and ideally take Step 1 at your "peak" - study for too short or too long and you're not going to score your full potential. If you have a solid understanding of the material and you're comfortable with where you're at this far out from your test date, I would slow it on the studying for a bit. Yes, you'll regress, but you have time to make it back up, and there's no way you can keep studying at full speed for the next 2 months straight without burning out.