Planning to sit for FPGEE april 2013 - Need some advice from previous test taker

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shoaibar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Assalamu alikum,

Hello everyone. I am planning to sit for the April 2013 FPGEE. Right now i am studying from APhA. Its in soft copy. I am looking for its hard copy, if anyone selling it please contact me. I have also Manon-Shroff management, its in soft copy too. + CPR 7th edition in hard copy. As i got graduated last year so my mind is still kind a fresh of the topics. But i need help from people who have given this exam already. What i need to know is that what kind of guideline to follow to prepare for FPGEE?

Now by reading the blueprint i know that there are four areas to cover. Every area has sub topics. And every area has different percentage too.

If anyone of you, who have given this exam already, could answer the following queries of mine, i would be really grateful to you:

Which books to follow for the respective areas? I mean by following those books so it would be enough for to pass exam by keeping in mind that i have almost 3 months from now to study for it.

1. Area 1 - Basic Biomedical Sciences
2. Area 2 - Pharmaceutical Sciences
3. Area 3 - Social, Behavioral, and Administrative Sciences
4. Area 4 - Clinical Sciences

It would be great if somebody could tell also that which topics to cover from specific books. What i have found most people say that study from CPR till chapter 19, some say study whole and exclude OTC chapters, some say APhA is sufficient to pass, some say Study Area 3 from Manon-Shroff management, some say try to strictly follow the blueprint, etc.

So people reading this please if you can reply in as comprehensive way as possible to explain that which guideline would be the most suitable, by keeping the 3 months time frame from now, to study for the FPGEE. I am pretty sure it would benefit me and a lot of people reading this.

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm. its strange why nobody is replying. This post has more than 130 views and not a single reply. Common guys by giving some information to people like me might benefit a lot of others too.

Hello!

I am also scheduled for the April 2013 exam .
I have read through AphA and now concentration on Part 2 and 4 of the Blueprint with CPR 7th edition .
Seems that a lot of test takers are using CPR .
Have you tried the per-FPGEE test to evaluate your preparation ?

Best regards

Yves

Hello!

I am also scheduled for the April 2013 exam .
I have read through AphA and now concentration on Part 2 and 4 of the Blueprint with CPR 7th edition .
Seems that a lot of test takers are using CPR .
Have you tried the per-FPGEE test to evaluate your preparation ?

Best regards

Yves

Oh great. You are doing pretty good i guess. I am on APhA yet. Still much to cover. I am studying Manon Shroff for management and questions. Haven't started CPR yet. Did you study whole APhA deeply or just went through to have an idea?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh great. You are doing pretty good i guess. I am on APhA yet. Still much to cover. I am studying Manon Shroff for management and questions. Haven't started CPR yet. Did you study whole APhA deeply or just went through to have an idea?

I went through AphA without writing anything down . I wasn't trying to memorize because I knew I had to go through it agin but then I started hitting CPR pretty hard and condensing what I read by taking notes .
I find that AphA follows the blueprint well but I have a feeling that its not enough .
I have 3 months before the exam and I'm studying an average of 2 to 3 hours a day , 6 days a weeks from now on .
I am focusing on part 2 and 4 of the blueprint because it contains almost 65% of the questions that ill encounter during FPGEE .
So I think that CPR will give me more in depth Infos on those 2 sections .
Also , I bought in the pharmareviewrx.com portal for extra reviewing . It cost $200 for 24/7 access until the day of the exam .
It's a flash card based solution and it follows the blueprint .
Another good source of Infos I bought in is drnajeeblectures.com . It's got great lectures on a lot of topics that are useful .
It's $99 for 1 year and you can stream 24/7

Hope this helps

Yves

I went through AphA without writing anything down . I wasn't trying to memorize because I knew I had to go through it agin but then I started hitting CPR pretty hard and condensing what I read by taking notes .
I find that AphA follows the blueprint well but I have a feeling that its not enough .
I have 3 months before the exam and I'm studying an average of 2 to 3 hours a day , 6 days a weeks from now on .
I am focusing on part 2 and 4 of the blueprint because it contains almost 65% of the questions that ill encounter during FPGEE .
So I think that CPR will give me more in depth Infos on those 2 sections .
Also , I bought in the pharmareviewrx.com portal for extra reviewing . It cost $200 for 24/7 access until the day of the exam .
It's a flash card based solution and it follows the blueprint .
Another good source of Infos I bought in is drnajeeblectures.com . It's got great lectures on a lot of topics that are useful .
It's $99 for 1 year and you can stream 24/7

Hope this helps

Yves
First of all thank you for sparing some time and writing.

I am studying almost 6 hours a day as i am free and looking for job. So almost more than 50 hours a week. I have started with the APhA. I have planned to finish it by February 20th, in sha Allah, and then focus on CPR for areas 2 and 4. I have also started studying management by manon shroff's management book and probably would finish it by the same time i finish APhA. So in March i'll mostly focus on revision and practice.

Hello Shoaib,

I have passed Nov 2012 FPGEE. Just do the followings, don't waste time.
1-APha( esp clinical and behavioural science parts)
2-CPR first 18 Chapters
3-Manan's managment ( althoug its in more detail than required, healthcare system and organized healthcare parts are imp)
4-1000 mcqs by Manan Shroof
5-Revision, revision,revision

Good Luck!

Hello Shoaib,

I have passed Nov 2012 FPGEE. Just do the followings, don't waste time.
1-APha( esp clinical and behavioural science parts)
2-CPR first 18 Chapters
3-Manan's managment ( althoug its in more detail than required, healthcare system and organized healthcare parts are imp)
4-1000 mcqs by Manan Shroof
5-Revision, revision,revision

Good Luck!

@pharmone... Thanks a lot for precisely writing how and what to do to. I guess this would be the perfect plan to pass FPGEE in the span of time available right now. More tips are welcomed. :)

hi ,

iam also planning to take fpgee for april 2013, please let me know if we can discuss abt fpgee and you are interested

Assalm o Alaikum to everyone. I took FPGEE in November 2012, but I failed. Now I am interested to retake in April In Shaa Allah. I am studying AphA. SHOAIBAR! Can we study to gather ?

I took Nov 2010 FPGEE, I did not study anything for the management section, just used my common sense and I passed with a very good score. For the clinical I studied CPR only and I didn't focus on any chemical structures and just 1 book was more than adequate to pass the exam. It depends on how good your clinical knowledge is and how much you remember from undergraduate years. Good luck!

Aselamualeykum , I am planning to take FPGEE on September 2013. I hope you are planning to take this month. Have you already took it or not yet? Please i am looking more information about the books to be selective. I am also wendering if you can give me your email adress. Mine is [email protected]. I realy need help please. May Allah help you!

@pharmone... Thanks a lot for precisely writing how and what to do to. I guess this would be the perfect plan to pass FPGEE in the span of time available right now. More tips are welcomed. :)

Am also preparing for the exam. Please does anyone have their used materials for sale?

I passed the FPGEE in 2006, I've not had one job interview. No-one will hire you, no-one will sponsor you. You will not get get a job. I say again YOU WILL NOT GET A JOB. Quit now and save yourself time and money!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
I am a new member here, I am pharmacist from Iran and intrested to pass FPGEE.
I have some problems about educational documents for NABP , is it necessary send them in sealed envelop from origin country?
Help please....

Hey guys,
like you I am foreign grad but I am now a pharmacist and owns my own pharmacy here in the US. I want to hold a review class for FPGEE in the Philippines and will make my pharmacy available for my attendees for internships. Do you guys think there will be a demand for such a review class here in the US before I offer it to the Philippines?
If I get enough interest from foreign grads then I might offer it here as well. See I love test taking and I scored very high on my FPGEE as well as NAPLEX. I also was number 1 in Philippine Boards in 2000...I am a self professed geek !!LOL
Good luck guys!!!

Hey guys,
like you I am foreign grad but I am now a pharmacist and owns my own pharmacy here in the US. I want to hold a review class for FPGEE in the Philippines and will make my pharmacy available for my attendees for internships. Do you guys think there will be a demand for such a review class here in the US before I offer it to the Philippines?
If I get enough interest from foreign grads then I might offer it here as well. See I love test taking and I scored very high on my FPGEE as well as NAPLEX. I also was number 1 in Philippine Boards in 2000...I am a self professed geek !!LOL
Good luck guys!!!
Hi There,
I am so pleased to hear from you, just so proud to hear from a kababayan trying to help other Filipino to succeed here in the US. I am hoping you would start with a review here in the states since there's not that many review places that offers help. I am disappointed after looking for some review places that might be able to help but unfortunately there's not that much. But if you start one here I am definitely interested. And I would love to hear some advise on the test as well. it's is great to here from you. Thanks a lot and hope to hear from you.

Hi There,
I am so pleased to hear from you, just so proud to hear from a kababayan trying to help other Filipino to succeed here in the US. I am hoping you would start with a review here in the states since there's not that many review places that offers help. I am disappointed after looking for some review places that might be able to help but unfortunately there's not that much. But if you start one here I am definitely interested. And I would love to hear some advise on the test as well. it's is great to here from you. Thanks a lot and hope to hear from you.

Hey georgina,
when will you be taking the test? Also which State are you from?

Ty
[email protected]

Hi,
I am a new member here, I am pharmacist from Iran and intrested to pass FPGEE.
I have some problems about educational documents for NABP , is it necessary send them in sealed envelop from origin country?
Help please....

Of course if you don't have permanent residency in the USA , it will be hard to find a pharmacy that will sponsor you to do internship while preparing for the Naplex and MPJE exam .
I passed the FPGEE last April and I have applied for pharmacy intern position in every single US pharmacy chain and no one called back for an interview yet except for Walgreen's .
At that interview , they specifically asked me if I needed sponsoring .
I do have a green card do that's not an issue ... I still didn't get the job though ..

Good luck

@ pharmacy owner
I am blessed knowing your kindness to extend help. I am also a Filipino Pharmacist struggling hard to pave way and prayerfully get license soon. I would like to speak with you the soonest time possible. I am here in TN. Please reply.
Sincerely

Hi There,
Sorry for the late reply. I am here in Ca, I would like to talk to you when you get a chance. Or you can always email me directly. My email add is [email protected]. Hope to hear from you. Take care!

Hi There,
I just tried to send you an email but the email came back. can you check the address. Thanks!

Hi, I tried sending you a quick response with your email below, but it came back not delivered. You you give me your email again. Thanks!

i will be writing the fpgee april 2013 exams I need study books or if you have the study books for resale I will appreciate it I live in Rochester new york

Hello Everyone!

I am Pharmacist planning to take FPGEE in coming October 2014. I have created a Study Group on facebook. Please join in. We will be starting Q & A sessions and Study Plans for FPGEE. Plus there are all Free materials and books you need for FPGEE.. This is link for group =

https://www.facebook.com/groups/fpgee.october.2014/

Thanks very much. Join the group on facebook and add your friends who are willing to take FPGEE in October.