Planning to take a course over the Internet!- Have you taken any? how is it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. FS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to take a class over the NET during this summer, but before i register, i want to know:

how is it like to take a course over the internet?

Members don't see this ad.

If you're a procrastinator like me you may have problems. I took one psychology class over the net and had a large course load that semester, so I didn't check in often enough. There was a discussion board that we had to post on three times per month, and a disk with quizzes over each chapter in the book. This class was offered at the university I was currently attending, so the class actually met twice, at the beginning of class and again at the end for the final. I don't know how that works if your class is in a different city or state.
Anyway, I got a B because of laziness but it was an easy class.

I would disagree with Scully....I'm taking my classes through distance learning and I think they're great. I live overseas...am very motivated and put in 4-5 hours per day in addition to working full-time in the Air Force. Sometimes they are your only option.... I think you can request that it not be listed as a correspondence course..

Good Luck, Karen

Members don't see this ad :)
Karen,

I would be curious to know what school you are taking your courses from. And did you ask them to not put down that they were correspondence? Did they send them to AMCAS that way?

My classes are through City Colleges of Chicago...specificallly Harold Washington University...I haven't applied yet, that comes next spring, but they've assured me that it will be transparent to everyone but me that I didn't take the classes at the campus. I think you should check with the university in question for specifics...

Karen