Plans After MCAT

Started by SKaminski
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SKaminski

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,

So, i'm a recent graduate (2011) with plans on going into medicine. I currently work a full time job and study the MCATS during all of my free time.

I try to do shadowing, but that typically comes down to weekends twice a month. My question is: What should I do after the MCATS

A) but Before applications to increase my likelihood of getting interviews.

B) and before interviews (probably after step A) to have progress to speak of.

I am taking my MCATS on April 27th, so i'll have about a month between taking and applying.

Thanks!
 
Drugs are bad,, mmmkay? Unless prescribed by your local MD that is.

I know that after the MCAT, most of my time will be spent working. If I can save up enough money to pay off a year or two of tuition, that's less debt to worry about defaulting on, assuming I matriculate. And even if I don't, I'll still have money in the BANK (shawty what ya thank?).

Win-win situation... Assuming of course that these low interest rates and inflation rates don't kill me... Who am I kidding, it's a lose-lose situation. Practicing for the MCAT is the only thing distracting me from the dismal reality of our current economic calamity, where my B.Sc. lands me an awesome $25k a year job flipping burgers...

God save me