Please Advise on MCAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ocean11

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
k' please please advise me on applying. There is NO way I'm waiting until August to apply, but I'm not sure if I should apply with the score I received now...

April 2003: PS: 12 VR: 7 BL:12 Essay: O

So its a 31O combined BUT my verbal is SO bad! my GPA is 3.53 by the way and I'm Canadian.

I feel really depressed right now, because I think that my verbal is going to screw me royally. I don't see any med school even giving me an interview. Guys should I apply this year and spend $$$?!?!?

Please be honest

Thanx

Members don't see this ad.

Um.... not sure what it mans to be International student applying... but as a US student applying I had an MCAT score of a 7-12-12 just like you and was accepted to several good schools two years ago....

ocean11, if my memory serves me right, you improved your score a lot comparing to August 2002 MCAT. Don't worry about that verbal, u have good overall score :)

I would consider taking the August and really trying to get the verbal to an 8 or 9. Even if you go ahead and apply, by the time you have interviews, you'll likely be able to present an additional better score. Trust me I know it sucks to re-take, I've been there, as well as to apply late, also been there, but it is 100% worth it.
good luck