DO Please crush my dreams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

captain_crunch

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry to be the person who makes one more of these "what are my chances" posts.

I'm a biology major who has not been doing very well in my science classes. I just finished sophomore year. Thus far, my science GPA is very bad, a 3.17. My GPA for the non-science classes is a 3.99, for an overall GPA of 3.62.

My science classes so far:
I had AP credits for gen chem I, got a B+ in gen chem II, an A in frosh bio I, had AP credits for frosh bio II, got an A and an A- in my two stats classes, a C+ in orgo I (B in lab), a C in orgo II (A in lab), a B in plant/animal bio and a B in genetics.

Gosh that looks terrible. I'm really mad about those last two B's because the classes are graded without a +/- system and I ended up with 89%s, so they were very high B's, basically A's. I also would consistently do well above the class average for exams(class exam averages were usually in the high 60%s). Still, I know I have no excuses.

I think if I retook organic I'd still probably only get a B at best. I love biology but I honestly hate chemistry with a burning passion.

I need someone to crush my dreams because even after all these terrible science grades I'm getting, I still would like to go to med school and I can't get it out of my mind. I don't know what else I can do instead. I need someone to tell me to suck it up and move on.

Members don't see this ad.

you're just in sophomore year chill. you'll be fine. Just take some extra science classes (a little filler here and there mixed with some heavy hitters) and you should be able to raise it "bigly".

Reactions: 1 user
Haha. I Lol'd at the title.

Agree with above poster. Chill. Just ensure you do your best from here on out on science courses. Crush MCAT. Volunteer. See you as a physician in a few years.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree with both of the above posters. Chill. If this was your senior year, then maybe you'd have some problems. You still have 2 entire semesters to raise your GPA, 4 semesters if you take a gap year. If you just raise your sGPA slightly and do well on your MCAT, you'll be competitive for all D.O. schools. Raise it a bit more and do extremely well on the MCAT, you'll be competitive for M.D.

Good luck!