Please educate me...

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by Robotjim, May 7, 2008.

1. Robotjim

7+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I have a couple of questions regarding caribbean med schools...
    1) I am in the process of applying to Saba, Ross and Sgu right now and I was wonder if I was not accepted...Can I apply for the next term(i.e rejected for Jan 09-->apply for may 09)?

2) Of these schools which has the best lifestyle(i.e safest/most convient island....)

3) I am considering applying to maybe 1 or 2 more carrib schools..but I dont know much about any of the schools outside of the top 4. If there was a top 5, what would the 5th school be?

Thanks in advance for all your help.
    -James

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. RussianJoo

RussianJoo Useless Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    1) you can apply as many times as you want but if you don't get in the first time around the chance of you getting in the second time around is very low.
    2) out of those three schools SGU has the "best" island but the island is still pretty crappy. AUC has the best island out of the top4 carib schools.
    3)well you only applied to 3 of the top4 schools so if you want to apply to one more school apply to AUC.

4. l2000

Hey RobotJim,

I am in the exact same process right now. Also applying to SGU/Ross. I will probably apply to SABA and AUC. I have a friend who goes to St. Matthews and says that the island is amazing. The drawback she didn't like was the clinical rotation schedules. Something about how it was disorganized.

5. oldpro

oldpro MS IV
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Whats the GPA and MCAT?

SABA is the only school I know of that will accept someone over a 3.0 without an MCAT (Of the Big 4)

If the GPA is below 2.8 then there is not much hope without a very high MCAT. (Over 30)