Please excuse my ignorance...but...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Just2Fitz

Pimp Fitz
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what does DO mean?

I'm only 16 :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

MD = Medical Doctor
DO = Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine

DO = doctor of osteopathy

look up osteopathy in www.wikipedia.org its a online encyclopedia..it gives a good history of the philosophy as well as describes their principles

Members don't see this ad :)
daveyjwin said:
MD = Medical Doctor

MD = Doctor of Medicine

WOw, thanks so much...Im going to become a MD. Do y'all think its too early to decide?

Just2Fitz said:
WOw, thanks so much...Im going to become a MD. Do y'all think its too early to decide?

No...But it's too early for you to be on this forum. You're just going to make yourself nervous. Everyone here has their own opinions and as it is the objective of the forum they share them at will. However, for someone who is young, like yourself, it is unadvisable to be privy to such nuanced arguments. I suggest you go and do research independently. Even before that though, you should do your undergraduate. There are a lot of things for you to learn in the next five to six years. Live your life day-by-day. Good luck and remember to keep an open mind.

Hamandcheese,

I disagree - don't run the kid off. If he gets nervous so what. The world is a big scary place and SDN is at worst a mut with bad gas. Children have ruled kingdoms and 40 year olds still haven't moved out. If he wants to jump the gun good for him. Better this instead of having case races because he's bored and got nothing better to do. He'll get over his 'nervousness' faster and be more confident. If not he'll be one step closer to his niche in life by knowing this ain't for him. A step closer in the right direction is still a step closer. Besides, to place a specific time frame on when there are more things to learn is BS. Life should always be lived day-by-day and there is always something to learn at every age. To think otherwise is the sign of a narrowing mind. :mad:

Just2Fitz,

Welcome to SDN. Don't hide behind your age when asking a question. You do so, and people will treat you as such. Make others judge you by your mental capacity. Enjoy your stay.

goodrain said:
Hamandcheese,

I disagree - don't run the kid off. If he gets nervous so what. The world is a big scary place and SDN is at worst a mut with bad gas. Children have ruled kingdoms and 40 year olds still haven't moved out. If he wants to jump the gun good for him. Better this instead of having case races because he's bored and got nothing better to do. He'll get over his 'nervousness' faster and be more confident. If not he'll be one step closer to his niche in life by knowing this ain't for him. A step closer in the right direction is still a step closer. Besides, to place a specific time frame on when there are more things to learn is BS. Life should always be lived day-by-day and there is always something to learn at every age. To think otherwise is the sign of a narrowing mind. :mad:

Just2Fitz,

Welcome to SDN. Don't hide behind your age when asking a question. You do so, and people will treat you as such. Make others judge you by your mental capacity. Enjoy your stay.

I'm not telling the kid to hide behind his age or to be ashamed of any questions he might have. I think that we all need to be add to our knowledge before we can start reasonably discussing topics. Furthermore, it is pretty obvious that with age, experience and education comes more sound analytical skills in academia and one's personal life. So I think it's better to have some time under one's belt before stepping into "a big scary place" some might refer to as the world. Our realities are altered everyday so for you or me to classify the world for a sixteen-year old is irrelevant. I'm merely trying to warn someone who is impressionable to watch out for views that are polarized. Anyway, this isn't meant to be a feud between you or me. I just wanted to let the original poster hear my point of view.

LOL. Thank you for all the views. I'm just studying for the SAT/mcat :sleep:

"TROLLLLLLLLL!!!!! IN THE DUNGEON!"

Thought you ought to know.
:thumbup:

mj1878 said:
"TROLLLLLLLLL!!!!! IN THE DUNGEON!"

Thought you ought to know.
:thumbup:

It's premature to call the OP a troll.

To the OP. I would suggest trying not to get TOO caught up in this process. Try to stay balanced in your future goals. Have a good time in college, and have some fun. But, remember that even though you'll only be 18 or so when you start, what you do can and will be used against you! lol

So, keep a level head, work hard, get involved a bit, and keep up with your goals. Good luck.

Just2Fitz said:

Yes.