Please give me some direction

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Szshapiro

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I posted this in the post-bac form and did not get a response, so I am hoping I will receive more feedback here I would greatly appreciate some insight into what the best course of action to take would be in my situation. I have done many searches and read all the threads on the topic. I figure I could use advice from people with valuable recommendations who have been in my situation or know the logistics of getting to where I want to be.

I graduated UC Davis 2010, with a degree in Molecular Genetics, with a cGPA 2.94 and a sGPA of 3.4. As such, all of my Pre reqs have been completed, although I did get some C's in gen chem and calc. I have not yet taken my MCAT.

Since then I have been in the workforce in the sports nutrition industry as well as a Personal Trainer. I always have had the intentions of going to medical school but it seemed so daunting a task since I feel confused as to what to do. Originally, I was dead set on MD, but now I really just want to be a physician, and am completely embracing the idea of being a DO.

Right now I live in LA, and am considering signing up for the UCLA PreMed Certificate Program. However, before I do this I would like to know what my best course of action to take to get into medical school would be. Pre Med Certificate, Post Bacc, or an SMP? Also, why?

Thank you everyone for taking the time to look at my thread and to respond.

Kind Regards,

Steve

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know much about UCLA PreMed Certificate Program, but post bacc is necessary in your case to improve your GPA enough to be competitive, especially for your MD application.

you need to retake classes (+ take new ones) until you are at a 3.2-3.3