please guide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentokid

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am from India. I have given the nbde part1 but have been rejected by many dental schools for the advanced placement program. Can any one guide me what should i do now. My part1 score is 87 in new format. and i have a very good toefl score.
1) I heard from many people about the summer research programs? what are these and what should i do to get into them.
2) should i join a ortho or paedo course. Is a certificate course suffient to upgrade my C.V. Which universities can I apply as I come to U.S. only on the tourist visa. I dont have citizenship of u.s. and i am slso not a resident of united states.
Can I join 1 yr general practice dental residency? Am i eligible.
3) Should I regive part1, as my scores are neither sufficient to help me enter any IDP program or any other course.
I am feeling helpless. Your suggesions will help me definately.
good luck to all the applicants

Members don't see this ad.

I am from India. I have given the nbde part1 but have been rejected by many dental schools for the advanced placement program. Can any one guide me what should i do now. My part1 score is 87 in new format. and i have a very good toefl score.
1) I heard from many people about the summer research programs? what are these and what should i do to get into them.
2) should i join a ortho or paedo course. Is a certificate course suffient to upgrade my C.V. Which universities can I apply as I come to U.S. only on the tourist visa. I dont have citizenship of u.s. and i am slso not a resident of united states.
Can I join 1 yr general practice dental residency? Am i eligible.
3) Should I regive part1, as my scores are neither sufficient to help me enter any IDP program or any other course.
I am feeling helpless. Your suggesions will help me definately.
good luck to all the applicants

Well take GRE, get a real-high score and apply for MPA/MPH/or other health-science related fields at good universities. You have an option of either joining 1/2 yr program... If you score high on GRE, you'll be able to get into a good 1 yr program.

Once in a program, try to maintain good class average... (try to stay in top 5) If you're hard-working and your class-scores are good then you might get an opportunity to be a 'Teaching Assistant' (that way your tuition fee for rest of your semesters will be waved-off). Also try to involve yourself in research projects.

Once done with such program, you can either work as a Public Health Personnel or you can consider re-taking NBDE Part 1. (Or if your GPA is stellar by then, your application will be good enough without even re-taking your Part 1)

Good Luck,
Mayank.
PS Well this is what I would have done if I were you!