Which states accept international graduates after residency please?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boooberry

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I am an international graduate, currently in residency. Which states accept an international licence please?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

You have to do this home work yourself. Find/google each state's dental regulating body and check licensing requirements

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks. I did do the homework but just wondering if there’s a state that I didn’t find.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, can anyone help with the states that allow international trained dentists to practice after residency ?

Hi! I am an international graduate, currently in residency. Which states accept an international licence please?

Thank you
You have to do this home work yourself. Find/google each state's dental regulating body and check licensing requirements
May you should be more forthcoming and share, maybe we can all learn something

okay then lets not help each other out....seems this thread and forum is kind of dead anyways.
There is a difference between helping and doing your work for you. We are pointing the way to obtain the information or solve a problem, but we are not going to chew for you. In part becoming a licensed dentist in USA requires some drive and enough desire to do research

Reactions: 1 user
There is 8 states to begin with, after 1 year of experience 5 more states become available.
After 5 years 40+ states. Not sure about last one but heard a lot of stories that's that sometimes become a problem to get licensed in some states. Also let's say after aegd to work in NY you need one year of GPR. The best option is to look requirements state by state.
If you know any information share please.

Last edited: