Please help a new comer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc_radio

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi to the knowledgable breed!

I'm an international( Indian) medical graduate. I'm desperately interested in doing radiology. My step1 score was 228. I've begun a radiology elective & soon to begin a research fellowship in Interventional Radiology for 1 year. After that I'll apply for match. My step2 score isn't out yet.. Suppose it's just like step1.. Would I stand any chance for next years match... Also please help.. I know very little regarding Transitional/ Prelim year. Before matching in Radiology program are you supposed to have done transitional year... And is transitional year too difficult to achieve?

Guys I'll be grateful if you come fwd & post your replies
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

doc_radio said:
hi to the knowledgable breed!

I'm an international( Indian) medical graduate. I'm desperately interested in doing radiology. My step1 score was 228. I've begun a radiology elective & soon to begin a research fellowship in Interventional Radiology for 1 year. After that I'll apply for match. My step2 score isn't out yet.. Suppose it's just like step1.. Would I stand any chance for next years match... Also please help.. I know very little regarding Transitional/ Prelim year. Before matching in Radiology program are you supposed to have done transitional year... And is transitional year too difficult to achieve?

Guys I'll be grateful if you come fwd & post your replies
Thanks

I'm a first year med student only but I'll dispell some advice from my observations in this forum. I think a 230+ is what you need for rads (you have a 228 whihc would be fine except that you are a foreign grad...I think the bar is set higher for foreign grads). Transitional year is whatever you want...medicine, surgery, etc...I don't think that's too hart to get (just do some research on old posts in this forum).