Please Help, I'm burning out!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedQuest

Da Truth
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone
I hope your MCAT studying is going well. I feel that i'm burning out. I am not taking a course but i do have the princeton review course books and workbook and i have been doing the work as schedule. But i feel that i can no longer concentrate once i do the workbook questions. Make to many dumb mistakes. So i take a couple of days off or is part of the science workbook difficults. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

stop crying...we all go through this

if you burn out, take a break. then get back to it

dont be weak my nizzle, and dont waste an entire threat for such a stupid comment

peace out

HIIC

what a nice guy... way to have sympathy and compassion, you'll make a great doctor:rolleyes:

Here's some friendly advice... if you're burnt out, take a couple days off, treat yourself to ice cream and hang out with people you love!

Hi there!

I am studying on my own, and I felt really burnt out these few days, too. Try to take a little break like people suggested, and think about all the reasons that make you want to become a MD will help. Hang in there. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Find a study buddy. It'll give you motivation to study and it'll take some stress out since you'll have someone with you who knows what you're going through.

In addition, what you get wrong but your bud got right, he could explain to you how and why. Get one study buddy though, more than one person gets complicated.

I went through the same thing. Just keep up the hard work and stay on schedule with all the TPR stuff. I know it gets to be a bit much, nothing makes sense and you end up making alot of stupid mistakes in the workbook psgs. When you get that way, don't dwell on it and move on or go do something non-MCAT related. I vegged out to Nick@Nite. Good luck to you. :)

Take a carefully limited break and do the ice cream thing, or the tv or whatever you think is best for you. Time with friends, especially can be a big stress reliever.

Or try swimming or a fast run in the evening, or a bike ride - something where you can shake up your brain, get the physical 'therapy' from the exercise and then come home really tired and stretched out. I find exercising helps me to keep in focus and mentally in good shape.

But just stay on task and don't wander off - a few more weeks and it will be over. Remember: it's a marathon, not a 50 yard dash.

When you feel burnt out and can't concentrate and have the urge to keep on getting up during studying - tie a belt tightly around your lower abdomen.

I'm not sure what TPR books you have, but some of them are extremely dificult and the questions can be very specific and require you know a subject cold--- ie: info not found in passage. I stuggled with much of TPR bio/org workbook stuff (<50% correct) but got a bio 11 on the real thing without any of the bio prereq's except org1. On the real MCAT, bio is more like VR#2. Most of the ans are in the reading and you only need a basic understanding of bio. As my VR score increased, so did my Bio.

Take breaks when needed. Exercise/sports are great for stress, as is someting else ;) But I'm married and don't get that anymore :confused:

Good luck :clap:

why not take some time off a read a book? that's supposed to help you "study" for the verbal sections anyway, right? consider something not related to the medical field.

Cerbrus.. now you're on my list... do you really need to spend time being an absolute punk.. why don't you post something worthwhile... we're just trying to help these people who are struggling... but since you have no compassion, you must be one of those people where it was a little easier.. why don't you take a moment and violently yank your head out of your you know what!

Thanks Guys,
I took your advise and i just relax this weekend at least saturday night and today. I went to a party on saturday night ( Too bad it was a c@ckfest ) and then went to the mall on sunday (bad idea, why too much shopping). I feel better right know even though i woke up this morning with formulas going all through my head. I guess i will start studying some Gen Chem (Equilibrium and Acids and Bases).

How's this for burn-out?

I actually dream about studying for the MCAT.

I can't escape it!!!!!:(

I'm so glad you posted that thread, because then I'm not the only one that has been feeling like this. With the test being only 5 weeks away, I've been already feeling burnt out and scared because it's getting in the way of my concentration. If I take I break, for some reason I feel guilty that I should be studying instead! :( [/COLOR]