Please help me decide between PCOM GA vs VCOM vs ACOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

champion07

Reaction score
I loved all the schools when I visited. I live in Atlanta so PCOM Ga is the ideal choice but I also liked the other two schools.

Members don't see this ad.

I would scratch ACOM off since that is by far the furthest school from you (nearly 4 hours), unless distance isn't a concern for you. PCOM-GA is more established than VCOM-AU. PCOM is more established in general than VCOM (though establishment really isn't that big of a deal in the eyes of many). VCOM is going to be more focuses toward rural medicine than will PCOM, if that is a factor for you. If you don't like rural medicine, PCOM it is, if you do and plan on practicing in a rural area, I would say VCOM.

I have heard some people say they refuse to go to an Alabama school because of their new abortion laws, which I can't see how they would impact your med school level education (especially being so close to the GA border), but whatever floats your boat.

Congratulations on your acceptances and best of luck to you in your decision!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Both are reputable schools. I’ve read more positive things about PCOM and current med students say mandatory attendance is miserable

I have not started the program yet.

Ahhh gotcha, sorry I for some reason had it in my head that this thread was from a year ago.

I’ll be going there as well barring an acceptance from Mercer or off of MCG’s waitlist so we may be future classmates!