please help me with school list, ORM, reapplicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clairish

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
  1. cGPA and sGPA as calculated by AMCAS or AACOMAS : cGPA 3.8x sGPA 3.7x.
  2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown 516, (CP 131 CARS 126 BB 129 PS 130)
  3. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US) New Mexico US citizen
  4. Ethnicity and/or race ORM
  5. Undergraduate institution or category public state school in a different state
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer) hospital volunteer few hundreds of hours, 1000 hours of scribing
  7. Research experience and productivity 1 summer research
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented around 80 hours, mostly ER. + vascular surgeon, family doctor.
  9. Non-clinical volunteering about 200 hours of combined activities
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc) gap year fulltime lab tech just started. volunteering came to halt after covid-19 pandemic
  11. Relevant honors or awards none
  12. Anything else not listed you think might be important Reapplicant, applied almost 115+ MD schools with FAP in 2021 cycle. primary was verified end of Sept. got 6 iis. (2 post-II R and 1 WL (neomed, which is waitlisting everyone right now instead of giving R), still waiting 3 interviews results). 2 were asynchronous (NEOMED and aamc vita for Arizona P campus). non-native speaker, 1st gen immigrant

Members don't see this ad.

115??... most likely sacrificed quality for this quantity

Reactions: 3 users
You submitted 115 secondaries. 😳
You might still get an acceptance. Hold on for awhile but you could start editing and changing up PS and essays. Relook at your list and start cutting schools off of it. @Ultravox Vienna is probably correct. No matter how good you are at writing, there isn’t really any way you could do an excellent-outstanding job on 115+ secondaries. You should seriously cut your list by 80 schools leaving you with 35. And even that’s too many. And now, unfortunately, you are a reapplicant at all of those schools.
Hopefully you’ll get accepted off one of those waitlists. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is that a typo, 115? Good lord.

But anyway OP, you have 6 IIs, theres a high chance you turn one into an acceptance. I think it's premature to worry at this point.

Is that a typo, 115? Good lord.

But anyway OP, you have 6 IIs, theres a high chance you turn one into an acceptance. I think it's premature to worry at this point.
surprisingly it is not a typo. thank you but I think I need to start preparing just in case.. I know I have horrible interviewing skills.

You submitted 115 secondaries. 😳
You might still get an acceptance. Hold on for awhile but you could start editing and changing up PS and essays. Relook at your list and start cutting schools off of it. @Ultravox Vienna is probably correct. No matter how good you are at writing, there isn’t really any way you could do an excellent-outstanding job on 115+ secondaries. You should seriously cut your list by 80 schools leaving you with 35. And even that’s too many. And now, unfortunately, you are a reapplicant at all of those schools.
Hopefully you’ll get accepted off one of those waitlists. Good luck.
thank you.

surprisingly it is not a typo. thank you but I think I need to start preparing just in case.. I know I have horrible interviewing skills.

Ah well if you need to apply again, do it more targeted for your own sanity. You'll also write better this way.

i'll echo everyones comments on the huge number of applications and that you should edit your writing. However, what i bolded is critical. Its of no use to get II if you bomb the interviews (especially given that you recognize the issue). Most undergrads have a career center which can give you practice interviews that may help. It could also be helpful if ppl you know who recently applied and got in could do a mock interview if they remember questions. In addition, any mentors you have (whether it be faculty or med students) ask them if they could also do mock interviews so you can really see what your weaknesses are. Its also sometimes helpful to film these so you can see if you come off as awkward or insecure or too confident etc. .

also see if any of the schools can give you feedback on your app

good luck and hopefully you can avoid all that if one of your other schools gives you good news

• Love
Reactions: 1 user