Please help need some questions answered asap

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vettechschool

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there everyone. I have some questions that need answers if you can help me out. Thanks

I am going to take the vet tech program at www.uscareerinstitute.com

Now does anyone know the requirements to be vet tech in richland county ohio or who I would call to see

Also long time ago I had animal cruelty charges on me long story it was almost 7 years ago would that stop my from being able to do this. I don't want to spend all the money for vet tech school and not be able to do it.

If someone could help me out please HELP thanks

What it was is that my sons dad lived with us and had 3 dogs there. Well we broke up because he was beating me and he took his dogs with him. And I moved out of our place we shared but the apt was in my name. WEll at some point he brought the dogs back and no one was living there. THEY DID NOT DIE. But since the apt was in my name i got held for it. So it was not really anything that I did but got in trouble anyway for it does this help?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi there everyone. I have some questions that need answers if you can help me out. Thanks

I am going to take the vet tech program at www.uscareerinstitute.com

Now does anyone know the requirements to be vet tech in richland county ohio or who I would call to see

Also long time ago I had animal cruelty charges on me long story it was almost 7 years ago would that stop my from being able to do this. I don't want to spend all the money for vet tech school and not be able to do it.

If someone could help me out please HELP thanks

Animal cruelty charges are a big deal and may make this totally impossible. Long story or not, you'll need to explain what kind of charges you're talking about and what happened.

If you want more info about requirements, it's best to just call the school and ask, as they probably vary somewhat.

(Also, nitpick, if you're planning on going to vet tech school, you're probably not a veterinary student - that tag is to point out people who are in veterinary school)

So I am screwed then. I was not told that I could not have animals or that I could not do anything in the vet field. it was a low mistaminor

I don't know how to change that tag lol

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
So I am screwed then. I was not told that I could not have animals or that I could not do anything in the vet field. it was a low mistaminor

Were you convicted? Because then yeah, probably not. Most states say vet techs can't have that on their record.

yeah because the house at the time was only in my name so it landed on me. Do you have any idea where I could go to check and see for sure. Or place I could call or something like that. I mean it was 6 years ago don't that stuff come off after so many years.

yeah because the house at the time was only in my name so it landed on me. Do you have any idea where I could go to check and see for sure. Or place I could call or something like that. I mean it was 6 years ago don't that stuff come off after so many years.

I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know. I'd call a local vet tech school, not give your name, and ask if the misdemeanor would matter. If they say it would, call a lawyer and find out if it would still be on your record.

I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know. I'd call a local vet tech school, not give your name, and ask if the misdemeanor would matter. If they say it would, call a lawyer and find out if it would still be on your record.

Ok so you think that is the best thing to do then that way I don't spend all that money and not be able to do a thing with the degree I get that would not be a fun thing to do that is for sure

Ok so you think that is the best thing to do then that way I don't spend all that money and not be able to do a thing with the degree I get that would not be a fun thing to do that is for sure

Mos def. Better to know and not waste money.

Mos def. Better to know and not waste money.

I called the ohio testing board and he said that it would be a waste of my money if I took the classes because of that on there even though it was 7 years ago. So guess I have to look for something else to do with animals or something I don't know this sucks.

I called the ohio testing board and he said that it would be a waste of my money if I took the classes because of that on there even though it was 7 years ago. So guess I have to look for something else to do with animals or something I don't know this sucks.

That does suck. Hope you find something.

I would call again and talk to a different person, lol! I find it hard to believe that a misdemeanor from 7 years ago related to a domestic violence situation would cause trouble for you. The situation you were in is sadly quite common and it seems like it was just bad luck that you ended up with charges filed against you.

In truth, since animal abuse and other forms of domestic violence so frequently go hand in hand, I think it could help make you a *better* tech since you understand what people are going through and are probably in a better position to recognize the warning signs. Hopefully the licensing board would look at the big picture and see how your past experiences, though tragic, may give you a perspective that someone else would not have. To me, that would be something that would make you an asset to the profession! So don't give up yet!

With circumstances like you added in your edit, you may (key word: may) be able to get the misdemeanor expunged from your record. It's not a sure thing, but people do it. Try researching laws in your state or asking a lawyer about it. You mentioned Ohio, I think, so here's a website with information for Ohio. If you really want to be a vet tech and help animals, this is probably your best bet. I agree with VS, don't give up hope!

Last edited:
(Also, nitpick, if you're planning on going to vet tech school, you're probably not a veterinary student - that tag is to point out people who are in veterinary school)

:laugh: :thumbup: