PLEASE HELP..Not sure how to approach this..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CU2007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, any advice would really be appreciated..
I've already submitted my AADSAS application (Jul 07), taken the DAT(Jul 07), and retaking them in October.. The acutal problem lies with my AADSAS GPA. I took summer courses (Orgo and Physics) at a university, just for the experience, not for credit, summer b4 my sophmore year. However then, I didnt realize that I'd have to report every school I'd gone to, regardless if taken for credit or not, I did NOT audit the class and got F &C's in them for a GPA of 1.0...which ofcourse was added into the AADSAS GPA.

SO..How do I go about explaining this to schools? What is the proper protocol...what are the admissions committees thinking???Which GPAs are they looking at? My undergrad or the school I took for no credit, and BS'd thru, or BOTH??Its been buggin me bc it reeaallly makes my GPA esp the BCP look terrible :-( help..thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I don't understand. You took orgo and physics for the experience? You do realize that they are both pre-reqs and you will have to take them anyway, right? Why didn't you just take them "for real" over the summer?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't understand. You took orgo and physics for the experience? You do realize that they are both pre-reqs and you will have to take them anyway, right? Why didn't you just take them "for real" over the summer?

because he probably wanted to get a feel for them beforehand, saw that he didnt want to do it and forgot to switch them to audit ANNNNDD drop them before the drop date

because he probably wanted to get a feel for them beforehand, saw that he didnt want to do it and forgot to switch them to audit ANNNNDD drop them before the drop date

Oh my gosh, if that's true then that is just unfortunate for him :rolleyes:. Sorry dude, that sucks. You shoud've paid attention and now you're going to pay for it unless ds's accept your explanation for failure. One question, how did you get a "C" in a class? That's pretty good for just auditing.

yea situation is not the best..however ive taken the classes, for credit/grade, so the classes taken during that summer are neither here nor there. How should i go about letting schools know? Or How do they view this sort of thing? Doesnt the fact that it was taken for no credit play a role?Ive taken summer courses before at another institution, for no credit. Just that summer in particular, I was working full time in addition to taking the courses, so I didnt really put in the effort, i just wanted exposure before i took it for real..thanks again for the replies

That really sucks... a situation where you are trying to give yourself an advantage, and it ends up putting you at a disadvantage. It doesn't really look like there's much you can do other than hope that someone will give you a chance to explain yourself at your interview. Hopefully someone will say I'm wrong and think of something though. Good luck.