Please help!! Questions regarding general admission process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Monkeymaniac

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you could please clarify some of the questions I have regarding the admission process.

1. When we get back the secondary applications, is there a point in completing them and then sending them out to the schools even if the MCAT score is not available by that time (which is a likely situation for July MCAT takers)? considering that schools won't even review the applications with no MCAT scores?

2. What exactly is a rolling admission? Does this mean that a school would do repeat 2nd app review->interview->accept cycles throughout the entire admission period? So for those schools that don't do the rolling admission, do they repeat 2nd app review->interview cycles but then make the final decision only at the end of the admission period (say Martch)?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

1) Yes there is no point in submitting your secondary until your MCAT score has been released. They will not review your application unless you are complete (LOR, MCAT scores, essays, everything).

2) I believe rolling admissions just means the earlier the better for that school. Basically there is a specific number of interview spots and they are given out to early applicants first. The ones who turn stuff in later are at a disadvantage, b/c there are fewer interview spots for them left.

Members don't see this ad :)
1 - send them out early anyway so they're ready to go the moment your scores are released.

2 - yes

100%%%%%%!!!!!!!!

Send them out at the absolute earliest opportunity. I took a late MCAT and having my apps DONE and SENT ment a quick return for invitations to interview.

Its called "applying blind" is should be done when taking a late MCAT irregardless of knowing your score. Just make sure to apply to a wide range of schools.